Full Contact

Started by wilder, January 06, 2016, 11:20:14 PM

wilder

A contemporary tale of a man trying to find new purpose in life after accidentally bombing a school through a remotely operated drone plane. Ivan, operating the plane from a far away air force base, has never been to the foreign countries of his attacks, nor has he ever touched the plane he uses to kill. Modern warfare keeps him safe and disconnected from his prey. However, after this incident Ivan's disconnectedness starts to apply to everything in his life. He is overwhelmed by feelings of guilt that he is unable to process.

Written and Directed by David Verbeek
Starring Grégoire Colin and Lizzie
Release Date - TBD

Quote from: Joe BowmanArguably the most visually astounding movie of 2015 (kudos to Dutch cinematographer Frank van den Eeden, whose work was equally as impressive in Nicolas Provost's The Invader(L'envahisseur) a few years back), David Verbeek's Full Contact, his strongest film to date, is a mystifying experience that defies easy characterization or classification. Without going too much into detail, it best resembles David Lynch's Lost Highway in terms of narrative devices, not to mention the bewildering feeling it ultimately leaves you with.

polkablues

That plot synopsis sounded so familiar and it was driving me crazy, until I finally realized I was thinking of this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3297330/

As much as I like Andrew Niccol, this one looks so much more interesting.
My house, my rules, my coffee