Benoit Jacquot

Started by wilder, September 29, 2015, 05:13:12 PM

wilder

Mathieu Amalric To Star In Benoît Jacquot's Adaptation Of Don DeLillo's 'The Body Artist'
via The Playlist

Despite critical acclaim and hipster caché, there has only been one movie based on a novel by Don DeLillo yet made. That picture, of course, is David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis," which earned mixed reviews, though some fans say it's loyal to the text. However, it seems we're in for something of a mini DeLillo deluge. Alex Ross Perry is working on bringing "The Names" to cinemas, and Benoit Jacquot ("The Diary Of A Chambermaid," "Farewell, My Queen") is putting together "The Body Artist" —the French filmmaker is now assembling his cast.

Mathieu Amalric and Jeanne Balibar will star in a film telling the story of performance artist Lauren Hartke, who is grieving after the suicide of her film director husband and becomes increasingly alienated until she discovers a mysterious man in her house.

While I'm sure this iteration will do just fine, I still wonder about what could've been had "I Am Love" and "A Bigger Splash" director Luca Guadagnino been able to mount his version, which was slated to star Isabelle Huppert, Denis Lavant and director David Cronenberg (yep), that was brewing a couple years back.