Der Nachtmahr (The Nightmare)

Started by wilder, August 06, 2015, 11:25:04 PM

wilder

About an anxious party girl and the goblin-like creature lurking about her subconscious.

Written and Directed by Akiz
Release Date - TBD

mogwai

jenkins

oh hell yeah, i'm actually the original post's upvote. watched this trailer again today like it was my first time. excited about this one

Just Withnail

This was E.T. as directed by Gaspar NoƩ.

At times extremely distressing (and good!), and times boring, at times silly. Definitely not the film I was expecting, and though it was fucked up at times, mostly only the first part really freaked me out.

The best part of it for me was how the general mood really captures a certain dark, clubby, Berliny mood, where hedonistic pleasure and anxiety are never far apart.

SPOILERS

And it really is E.T.

She goes from freaking out over the creature, to accepting and eventually loving it (accepting her demons instead of fighting them). She's psychically connected to the creature and at one point the creature is being held by scientist in some lab that looks pretty much exactly like the one E.T. is held in towards the end.

jenkins

next to Love, Victoria, and Mistress America, in terms of Movies I Should've Gone to See