trainwreck

Started by jenkins, April 30, 2015, 04:45:13 PM

jenkins

google this if you somehow haven't heard of it but anyway this is my favorite quote of the year in my opinion today:

QuoteYou will not determine my story — I will. I will speak and share and fuck and love and I will never apologize to the frightened millions who resent that they never had it in them to do it. I stand here and I am amazing, for you. Not because of you. I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself. And I am all of you, and I thank you.

amy schumer http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/read-amy-schumers-ms-gala-speech.html

and what can be done but drop the mic

i woulda started a thread for her alone but i mean trainwreck's her spotlight 2015 and well here's the trailer, it's an apatow movie there you go

jenkins

Did you anyone see this movie? JK IDGAF. Should've made this a Schumer topic anyway, ughck.

pete

I did. i liked it but not as much as the movie liked itself? it was too long and felt like different aspects of the films were undercutting each other.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

A romantic comedy that's actually funny. I really enjoyed this. It got increasingly predictable and formulaic as it went on, but overall I'd recommend. I didn't realize going in that it was directed by Judd Apatow. But my God I felt it. Several moments where lines are clearly improvised and they chose to use two versions since I guess they couldn't choose between them. And long. Could easily shave 30+ minutes of this and make for a much better film. Still the best thing Apatow has done in a long time though.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.