see you at the movies

Started by atticus jones, April 25, 2003, 02:25:32 AM

atticus jones

i am gone and you are forgotten...

undeniably,

atticus jones
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Sleuth

Goodb..what?  Oh you!!!!!
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

jones needs to angry out his frustration in order to get inspired to...to what it is hes doing. but fine it is indeed.

rock on, miss. you rock.

do.

Gold Trumpet

Come back soon. I'll welcome you personally with another skull thumping.

~rougerum

atticus jones

you admit no one listened to you as a child and i'll admit no one listens to you now...deal?

im sure the impending "skull thumping" would go something like this...

"...clearly except for film noir the prevailing mode of postwar french cinema was literaly adaptation which caused french films to become increasingly verbal and theatrical...it was against this tendency identified as the tradition of quality by truffaut and the other critics writings that the new wave reacted to in the late fifties and sixties...in fact the war had not produced a break with cinematic traditions in france as it had in italy and other european nations except for the innovative work of robert bresson and jacques tati...bresson was a former scriptwriter and his two occupation films les anges du peche and les dames du bois de bologne established him as a serious and disciplined artist within the scenarist tradition of french cinema...bresson at times displayed a highly personalized style whose psychological realism is predicated upon an absolute austerity of acting dialogue and mise en scene...all of his later films display this austerity and precision of style which has led some critics to call him a classicist although he preferred to be thought of as a realist practicing close to the borderline of abstraction...have you seen his masterpiece un condamne a mort s'est echappe which concerns the arrest escape and recapture of a young resistance fighter during the occupation...it takes place almost entirely in the condemned mans cell...anyways...tati was a former music hall entertainer and pantomimist who became one of the international cinemas great comic talents in the post war era rivaling greats such as max linder charlie chaplin and buster keaton...tatis first feature took him several years to complete...have you seen it...in jour de fete tati himself plays a french postman who is seduced by a documentary into employing sophisticated american postal service technology in his small village with disastrous results...as in all of tatis films the humor which is largely visual is achieved through scrupulous planning and brilliant mine...he made only five features in his entire career nevertheless he was a master cinematic humorist whose concept was mostly visual and he deserves to be ranked with the greatest of the silent comedians for the breadth of his humanity and the restrained brilliance of his comic achievements blah blah blah blah blah...

i realize this type of "skull thumping" might damn near kill me so it is with a smile and a kiss that i bid you farewll to torment the masses with yo weak ass text book personality and your over inflated sense of brilliance...

btw...notice that you were one of three cheap ass punk sums of bitches who chose to respond to a post which granted a pre warned fuck you to anyone who did...and yours was the only negative of the three...you nuthin but a cheap shot hit em in the back mutha fucka aint you...keep your head in the books and your ass out of my way...

peace out meat
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Gold Trumpet

Your arguments continue of no one caring what I say. Yet not only do you quote me, but you give a thoroughly thought out answer to combat it. Just admit contradiction is what you spit.

Then you take an excerpt on french cinema, which was nice to read and enjoyable for me, and claim it is of boredom and such and my only weapon against you. Blah. What the fuck do you think is discussed here? If I was swimming in a forum for why Phish is the greatest shit to come after The Grateful Dead and I only spoke of movies there, then disention upon me for speaking on subjects out of context would be understood.

"Cheap shot hit em in the back mutha fucka"? Don't you make a career out of rhyming with edge but without reason? Your entire game is to think of these ryhmes that do more for you in hiding behind them then actually saying something. You're like an alchoholic, where you have so much weight with the bad things that can come from being one, but you are cute when in your moment and your importance amounts to the fact you can make beer into piss naturally. And the next time you come at me with a "hit them in the back", remember I face you on everything you've said. I'm still waiting for you to reply to some other things I said on another forum. I have to search for your responces. Hit em in the back, huh?

Also, your original point in this thread is now shot. Tell Cher your taking her place and going to be making a bunch more "Farwell" Tours before you see the sunset.

And do I admit I am egotistical? Yes. Do I admit I can sometimes be pretensious? Yes. But, do I admit I need to learn more? Yes.

What qualities here are not one of a film director? The people we here look up to.

All in The Family was a good show too.

~rougerum

atticus jones

my girlfriend is pregnant

Pubrick

Quote from: memy girlfriend is pregnant
u told us u'd been makin babies since cannes, 'member?

congratulations.
under the paving stones.

sphinx

:yabbse-thumbup:

have fun on your next adventures and perhaps drop a line after the dust settles as always

- golden b.

phil marlowe

could you please call the baby atticus jr.?

or john ross for that matter.

Gold Trumpet

Too bad, an argument of high mud throwing could have been started.

~rougerum

phil marlowe

nah, youll get another chance.