The Last Rescue

Started by polkablues, October 18, 2014, 01:34:45 PM

polkablues

Quote from: polkablues on September 12, 2016, 04:38:43 PM
Now available on Amazon Prime streaming. I guess it has been for a little while now, but our distributor didn't bother to let us know. The only way we found out is that my uncle spotted it while browsing for a movie to watch the other day.

Quote from: Just Withnail on September 13, 2016, 10:29:28 AM
You've been Uncle-spotted! A sure sign that the film is out there, living it's life now.

Some annoyances:

-It's listed under Action/Adventure, but not under Military/War. So someone going on looking specifically for a war movie to watch will not find it.

-The trailer is a new version recut by whatever company the distributor subcontracted the work out to, and it's basically a haphazard mess of random shots. I was never big on the original trailer to begin with, but this did not improve it.

-The description completely mis-sells what sort of movie it is, which is a guarantor of bad reviews. This is the shit I hate the most. It's setting the movie up to fail.

Still cool, though. Next step is when the domestic TV deal gets made and it starts randomly showing up on some weird cable channel at 2 a.m. on a Tuesday night.
My house, my rules, my coffee