Author Topic: broder daniel  (Read 1167 times)

KJ

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +187
broder daniel
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
+1

so this band was a big deal in sweden, and has meant a lot for many teenagers here. I thought I would share it here and see what you guys thinks about it. nowdays I mostly listen to them for nostalgic reasons, but the above clip always gives me the chills. it's the last song from their last concert before they broke up. it's pretty good for what it is.

oh, and don't mind the crying girls..

wilder

• Respect: +1574
Re: broder daniel
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:40:38 PM »
My only exposure to them has been through Moodysson's usage in Show Me Love/Fucking Åmål, but I liked what I heard alright. Don't have much more to contribute. I'll drop a couple tracks in here from that OST:

KJ

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:18 PM »
yeah, those are great! they where actually quite pissed that he used their songs on the soundtrack. apparently, they didn't even know of it until they watched the film.

this one it's a classic:

turn this on at a swedish party and everyone will run to the dance floor and scream the lyrics at the top of their fucking lungs. it's pretty fun.

wilder

• Respect: +1574
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »
Think I first saw SML when I was around 20, don't really connect this band to anything personal...it definitely sounds like it's made out for a younger set (I mean they're pulling that look, huh?). But I like the couple tracks I've listened to just because they seem to bottle that stupid indulgence in your own feelings you have as a teenager -- they've got that down to a science.

The Talking Heads are the soundtrack to my life.

KJ

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »
+1
yeah they are really good at that. yes, the lyrics might come of as a little bit dumb and naive and the music isn't that special, but sometimes it's just so much fun to listen to them and look back at your teenage days when you where madly in love and everything where confusing. the thing about them is that they stopped before people became tired of them. so now, there's alot of people in their mid 20s that still can listen to them and enjoy it because they meant so much for them when they where 15-16 years old.

well, there are definitely worse bands than the talking heads.

a nice music video with scenes from SML:

MOGWAI

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:20:31 AM »
Top 3's:

KJ

• The Magic Flight
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:05:37 AM »
the lyrics for luke skywalker is fucking brilliant.

oh yeah
oh yeah
I went to a dance
but I didn't get any friends
makes me a little sad inside
but I'm luke skywalker
oh yeah!

if I had to choose a favorite it would be this:

(don't watch the video. it's stupid)

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy