82 moments

Started by Reel, May 30, 2014, 05:04:21 PM

Reel

Today as I was buying beer and cigarettes, the clerk asked for $19.82 to which I gave him a 20 then in a burst of inspiration reached in my back pocket to see how much change I had. The handful of coins I pulled out, my hand to lord, was 82 cents TO THE PENNY.

He gave me my dollar, I walked out smiling, then I got drunk and didn't think of you guys til now.

This thread is for 82 moments

polkablues

Sorry, all I took away from this is that you keep your change in your back pocket, which seems insane to me.
My house, my rules, my coffee

dude that is all i could think of either, who keeps their change in their backpocket??!?

Jeremy Blackman

Honestly I don't understand why anyone puts anything in a back pocket.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reelist on May 30, 2014, 05:04:21 PM
Today as I was buying beer cigarettes and coffee

Fixed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

Today I went back to this Hess station and spent $17 and the same clerk that was there told me if I spend 3 more dollars I get a $5 gift card. Motherfucker made no mention of this deal yesterday. So I add some blunts and beer and he threw in a complimentary slim jim for reasons unbeknowst to me. Again, I didn't think about it until now, but if I was Louis CK I'd say "That nigger just sold the shit out of my beer."

82 moments is what the thread is about

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Reelist on May 31, 2014, 01:30:12 PMif I spend 3 more dollars I get a $5 gift card.

5+3=8
5-3=2

What does it all mean?!?

Reel

I'll keep you guys posted on if I ever run into this clerk in public by chance encounter and have to save his life.

squints

This is what I imagine reelist's days are like:

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reel

Thanks, that's going to be stuck in my head for weeks

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reelist on June 01, 2014, 12:11:15 PM
Thanks, that's going to be stuck in my head for 82 weeks

Fixed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

it is literally 82 degrees here

polkablues

I was born on January 25th, 1982.

1/25/82

1 + 2 + 5 = 8
5 - 2 - 1 = 2
82 = 82

I am the chosen one.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I am legitimately frightened right now.