trainspotting rerelease

Started by sphinx, April 23, 2003, 07:16:11 PM

mindfuck

What happened? Was this never released? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mindfuckWhat happened? Was this never released? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's a Region 2 release, which means Disney doesn't hold their international release rights. So you only get the barebones edition in North America.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mindfuck

What a crock. Is there any chance of a US release or should I just buy the vanilla version?

FeloniousFunk

Davisdvd.com:

Miramax Home Entertainment has announced new "Collector Series" versions of Cop Land, the hilarious Flirting With Disaster and Trainspotting. Not much is yet known about these discs, except a June 1st release date and that these titles are "wave 1". However, if they are what I think they are, look for new anamorphic transfers and plenty of bonus materials like audio commentaries and deleted scenes (in particular, Cop Land's laserdisc extras). Stay tuned for more details as they develop.

analogzombie

would that be "Jackie Brown / pulp Fiction" style collector's series or "Clerks" style Collector's Series?

I dream of a US release of the Uncut, undubbed, original Scottish accent version of Trainspotting. i cannot believe it hasn't happened yet. But then again, given how Miramax chops up its Asian films for the US market I shouldn't be all that surprised.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

Miramax's artwork for the collector's edition of Trainspotting, which is directed by 28 Day's Later's Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor. The disc will be available to own from the 1st June this year and should include an audio commentary, deleted scenes, interviews, featurettes and more.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

finally. the box doesn't look bad either. i wish they'd simply make the definitive edition region 1, intact as it is in region 2.

cine

Mirimax have now sent over the full disc specs for Trainspotting: Collector's Edition which is directed by 28 Day's Later's Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor. The disc will be available to own from the 1st June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. The full disc specs for this one are attached below:

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
English DTS 5.1 Surround Track
Audio Commentary with the Filmmakers
Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary
Trainspotting Retrospective Featurette
The Making of Trainspotting Featurette
Cannes Film Festival Interviews
Cast and Crew Biographies
Trainspotting Image Gallery
Original Theatrical & Teaser Trailer

Bruce Lee

Uncut main feature
9 deleted scenes with optional audio commentary
Audio commentary
'The Making Of Trainspotting' featurette
'The Look Of The Film' retrospective - then and now
'The Sound Of The Film' retrospective - then and now
Interviews with director Danny Boyle, producer Andrew MacDonald, screenwriter John Hodge and author of the novel Irvine Welsh
'Behind The Needle' featurette
'Trainspotting At The Cannes Film Festival' featurette
Cannes snapshot
Voxpops
Cast and crew biographies
Original cinematic trailers
'Behind The Scenes' photo gallery
'Critics' photo gallery

...thats what i've got.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: CinephileMirimax have now sent over the full disc specs for Trainspotting: Collector's Edition which is directed by 28 Day's Later's Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor. The disc will be available to own from the 1st June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. The full disc specs for this one are attached below:

Yippee!!!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bruce Lee

thats pretty poor extras, the english version is much better.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: CinephileMirimax have now sent over the full disc specs for Trainspotting: Collector's Edition which is directed by 28 Day's Later's Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor. The disc will be available to own from the 1st June this year and should set you back somewhere in the region of $29.99. The full disc specs for this one are attached below:

I got The Tingle from reading this.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bruce Leethats pretty poor extras, the english version is much better.

Looks like the same set of extras to me; some of 'em probably combined.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bruce Lee

there's more on the english one.
and its only $9.99!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bruce Leethere's more on the english one.
and its only $9.99!

How much for a region free player?

How do you know there's more? It's just the rough specs, and the featurettes are probably combined. And I'm not gonna be upset if a Cannes snapshot isn't included.

Skeleton FilmWorks