Author Topic: Blade Runner 2  (Read 3034 times)

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1720
Re: Blade Runner 2
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »
+1
Is it weird to anyone else that this is the first thing Hampton Fancher has written since Minus Man?

It's weird to me that this is only the fourth movie Fancher's written in his entire career.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +435
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 09:15:38 AM »

Shows a considerable amount but very pretty.

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +424
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 09:30:22 AM »
"Very pretty" is I fear what we'll say for the movie. They had to show Harrison Ford...David Lynch showed with Twin Peaks that you can revisit a world without that world being some kind of weird remaster. I do appreciate remasters for video games, though.
I'm so many people.

WorldForgot

• The Call to Adventure
  • 'change your hair, change your life'
  • Respect: +17
    • tweettweet
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 03:57:18 PM »
Sicario made me cry but I found Arrival dull.

Plz Denis do Papa Dick Proud!

wilder

• Respect: +1541
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
It looks so flat and non-textural compared to the original. Less like a lived-in world and more like a series of green screen soundstages for Tron: Legacy. The organic texture of Blade Runner is related to the themes of Blade Runner. Speaking of which, 2049's decision to answer the question of whether Deckard is a replicant or not further negates the meaning of the story. It takes away the meditative quality that gives the original so much power and lasting resonance: "What does it mean to have a soul?"

Gold Trumpet

• The Master of Three Worlds
  • Respect: +150
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »
I'm hopeful. Until proven otherwise, in Villeneuve I trust. Josh Brolin, while making Sicario, thought the film was going to suck based on last minute re-shoots and rewrites and indecisiveness on set, but he said Villeneuve proved him wrong big time.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1303
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 09:15:57 PM »
Incendies is one of my least-liked movies ever. but i'm on BR2049's side, because personally i'd prefer to like BR2049.

but as i've said, if i like it i have to go back and watch four movies. if i don't like it i get to move forward in peace. so it's kind of either way for me really
Every perspective is an act of creation.

Lottery

• The Return Threshold
  • You're Dead!
  • Respect: +435
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 12:09:00 AM »
+4
Just a quick note in light of what Wilder said and Jenkins' avatar-
Chungking Express is one of the few films ever that made me feel the world like Blade Runner did. I was reminded so heavily of the latter when watching CE and amazed because the way both films were shot were so different- BR is all sets and production design while CE is on-the-go, shooting on location. CE is of course, the real deal- it is alive, textured and lived in because Hong Kong is that way. At least part of it.

WKW can make a setting feel futuristic, fantastical and distant yet grounded in a way that others can't, even if he doesn't intend on doing so.

wilder

• Respect: +1541
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 02:59:08 AM »

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy