Neil Blomkamp

Started by MacGuffin, May 01, 2013, 03:12:02 AM

MacGuffin

Sharlto Copley Will Star in Neill Blomkamp's CHAPPIE
Source: EW

South African actor Sharlto Copley teased fans over the weekend on Facebook with news that he will star in director Neill Blomkamp's next film "Chappie." This will be the duo's third film together. They've previously worked on "District 9," and the upcoming sci-fi/action film "Elysium."

Blomkamp is keeping the details on "Chappie" under tight wraps, but here's his basic description of the story.

It's "a science-fiction comedy" in an "unusual setting."

Copley's feature film debut in 2009′s "District 9″ earned a Best Picture Academy Award nomination and catapulted his career to the top of the "A" list. He went on to star in the big screen adaptation of the '80′s hit television series "The A-Team" as the slightly off balanced character Murdock. He will next appear in Sebastián Cordero's "Europa Report," Blomkamp's "Elysium," Spike Lee's "Oldboy," and Disney's "Maleficent."

"Chappie" will arrive in theaters sometime in 2014. The film stars Sharlto Copley. Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell wrote the screenplay. Neill Blomkamp directs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

WorldForgot

I love that there are no replies to this thread, and am going to have to be the oxymoron this time  :doh:

None of his films really connected with me, but Firebase is an interesting approach to free content. The $5 "DLC" comes with 5.1 HQ, 3D Models, and Concept Art, sold on Valve's digi-marketplace Steam. The short itself is either MGS-lite or Lovecraft's Apocalypse Now. What is it with Neil? He keeps choosing the wrong tone for each of his own properties.

PS... (can someone teach me how to hyperlink properly?)

Jeremy Blackman

You can copy and paste this:

[url=THEURL]hyperlinkedtext[/url]

For a bit of a shortcut, you can click the button and it will insert a version that you can modify.

Should maybe look into changing what that button inserts...

WorldForgot

Ahhh I had tried a variant without the equal sign, but now I see.

Thanks, both!