Andrew Dominik

Started by wilder, May 25, 2012, 02:28:56 PM

Drenk

Well, we'll never see Blonde...
Ascension.

N

At least he's got some projects in the works. Still haven't seen his Nick Cave doc.

Lottery

Quote from: Drenk on March 16, 2017, 07:03:51 PM
Well, we'll never see Blonde...

So goddamn disappointing if that's the case. I'm sure War Party will be decent, but I'd match rather watch Blonde. I've been waiting too long for that movie.

N

Just came across this video of Eric Bana spending a weekend with Chopper during pre-production of the movie. But behind the camera is Andrew Dominik (pretty sure), who actually does quite a bit of talking. Interesting video.

Alethia

Great news! Always eager to see new work from Dominik. His episodes this season of Mindhunter were some of the strongest.

Drenk

I'm surprised that he ended up with Netflix. Where is Annapurna when it's not flooding Adam McKay with millions?
Ascension.

jenkins

netflix is on my mind too. ubiquitous is the word. im tired of the future at this point

jenkins

i was idly linking the title to the joyce carol oates novel before learning that's exactly right. she's a um productive member of literature, fifty-eight novels, and in terms of that level of productivity, and its adaptable potential, it's accurate to compare this scenario to pta and upton sinclair. it's just frankly not likely to be a direct adaptation, but rather a port