Author Topic: Random DVD and Blu-ray announcements  (Read 111832 times)

wilder

• Respect: +1491
Re: Random DVD and Blu-ray announcements
« Reply #705 on: June 15, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
May 23, 2017

The Coen Bros. Barton Fink (1991) on blu-ray from Kino

Set in 1941, an intellectual New York playwright Barton Fink accepts an offer to write movie scripts in L.A. He finds himself with writer's block when required to do a B-movie script. His neighbor tries to help, but he continues to struggle as a bizarre sequence of events distracts him.

Barton Fink (1991) - Amazon

New release date - August 15, 2017

wilder

« Reply #706 on: June 25, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »
August 8, 2017

Marco Ferreri’s The Flesh (1991) on blu-ray from Cult Epics, from a new restoration from the original 35mm elements

The Flesh a.k.a. La Carne is a romantic black comedy about a divorced piano player named Paolo (Sergio Castellitto) who meets and falls in love with a most beauteously busty woman (bombshell Francesca Dellera), who uses her special powers to turn the man into her slave. The film depicts the oftentimes torturous nature of desire and the power of women in a cinematic work where Francesca becomes a symbolic representation of male desire, with her voluptuous figure and sex appeal being intoxicating to Paolo. While he is completely taken by his desire for Francesca, she eventually gets bored with him and decides to leave. Unfortunately for Francesca, Paolo loves her and has no intention of allowing her to go.

The Flesh (1991) - Amazon

Available Now

Pim de la Parra’s Obsessions (1969) on blu-ray from Cult Epics

The Obscure film OBSESSIONS (aka HOLE IN THE WALL) was directed by Dutch artsploitation auteur Pim de La Parra and co-produced by his longtime collaborator Wim Verstappen (Blue Movie). This gritty psychedelic Hitchcockian mystery, which is notable for being the first Dutch English-language film, starts in a savagely brutal fashion when a bloody painting of Vincent van Gogh falls from a wall and exposes a makeshift peephole that eventually leads to student protagonist Nils Janssen (Dieter Giessler) becoming an unwitting witness to a gruesome sex crime next door. When his young fiancée Marina (Alexandra Stewart of Truffaut's DAY FOR NIGHT), an enterprising journalist, tells him about a report of a murder that she is writing, he naturally wonders if one has to do with the other. This classic exploitation film was the birth of auteur cinema in Holland, and inspired filmmakers such as legendary Dutch filmmaker Paul Verhoeven to make films. Originally released in over 80 countries, the film stayed unreleased in the U.S. (and France) until now. Arguably most notably, the film was co-written by a-then-young Martin Scorsese. Scored by legendary Hitchcock composer Bernard Herrmann (who later scored TAXI DRIVER). Includes new HD Transfer and bonus features.

Obsesions (1969) - Amazon

NSFW

wilder

« Reply #707 on: Yesterday at 03:52:14 PM »
October 2017 TBD

Billy Wilder's Avanti! (1972) on blu-ray from Kino

A wealthy American discovers romance and the meaning of avanti while in Italy.

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1258
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #708 on: Yesterday at 04:16:02 PM »
wilder please update me about some of your recent most joyous region a blu-ray experiences
"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

wilder

« Reply #709 on: Yesterday at 05:19:19 PM »
+1
I haven't bought as many Region A titles recently but here are a few:

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1258
    • Neon Burrito
« Reply #710 on: Yesterday at 05:23:56 PM »
oh yeah you reading my mind or what. thanks. you know who understands us? Matthew Lillard in Serial Mom. on or after July 11, when the sale begins, i'm going to buy Multiple Maniacs out of sheer necessity
"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy