Author Topic: Game of Thrones (spoilers)  (Read 47887 times)

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
  • Respect: +1174
Re: Game of Thrones (spoilers)
« Reply #435 on: May 24, 2017, 01:22:44 PM »
+1
Official trailer. As usual, a little spoilery.

"Hunger is the purest sin"

Fernando

• satan's little helper
  • The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #436 on: May 25, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
Official trailer. As usual, a little spoilery.

You mean the Daenerys scenes right? Other than those there isn't much info, but she is shown at what it appears to be Casterly Rock, which means she landed safely, not that I thought she would be killed in a battle crossing the narrow sea.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2017, 12:03:11 PM »
More spoilery than the last trailer.

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
+2
GoT season 7

1 : People walk slowly.
2 : People walk faster.
3 : People prepare for battle.
4 : Battle #1
5 : Battle #2
6 : Battle #3
7 : People are worried.
I'm so many people.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #439 on: June 21, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »
I like that Sansa appears to be giving us a new version of Jack's "live together, die alone" speech. My two favorite shows are converging!

Going into Season 7, this has really been on my mind:

Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros with three dragons. Sound familiar? I imagined he had a fleet of them, but nope, just three. With those dragons, he was able to instantly immolate entire battlefields of soldiers, or burn everything inside a castle and essentially melt the stone. Nuclear weapons are an apt comparison. I suspect we haven't seen in the show how powerful Dany's dragons actually are... not even close.

Just to reiterate: Dragons of this size can literally melt castles and burn an entire battlefield. I predict (or hope) that Daenerys will give Westeros a spectacular display of force, and they will respond with a somewhat peaceful surrender. Then the show will reveal the full power of the dragons in their battle against the white walkers.

Definitely Spoilers

So it looks like Euron is attacking King's Landing. I haven't read theories on this, but I'll throw in two scenarios:

Euron is dumb and attacks King's Landing before Daenerys gets there. Then maybe Daenerys flanks him from behind, destroying both his forces and Cersei's when they're already battling.

Daenerys actually fought Euron at sea earlier and defeated him. She has commandeered his ships and sends them in as a distraction. Then she attacks King's Landing from a different position.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
« Reply #440 on: June 24, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Speculation spoilers

Some ideas, after knowing a bit more...

I'm struggling with the idea that Euron can win a battle against Daenerys, but it actually might happen. Perhaps he attacks her at sea (it looks like an ambush at night), weakening her forces, then escapes to join forces with Cersei, promising to defend King's Landing from the sea or some such thing. That would explain why Daenerys appears to be battling Lannister forces on land and probably taking Casterly Rock she needed to approach King's Landing by land.

I just don't know how Euron can ambush Daenerys and then not get caught and utterly destroyed. Maybe he does, and my theory from the last post is true. There is no way he can suddenly assemble a credible force against Daenerys when she's been assembling forces for years and now has almost everyone with her. Unless Euron is able to summon a kraken.

Drenk

• The Magic Flight
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2017, 08:33:28 AM »
SPOILERS

It might be a silly thing to say but: how can you fight Daenerys? She has three dragons. That's why I am worried about this new season. The way is open for Daenerys. Also: it will be the first time, truly, that the show is entirely outside the narrative of the books. Can they make it as thrilling?
I'm so many people.

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy