Author Topic: The best movie(s) I'd never heard about  (Read 17465 times)

jenkins

• The Master of Two Worlds
  • Respect: +1252
Re: The best movie(s) I'd never heard about
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
+1
of course i took FilmStruck's 14 day free trial:

i almost wrote a post about other things but then i didn't, and i'd already uploaded these photos so
"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

jenkins

« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2017, 12:47:26 AM »
+1
A delightfully aware and exquisite children’s tale about the dangers of fascism and the power of self-image, The King and the Mockingbird (Le roi et l’oiseau) tells of a vainglorious king’s painting coming to life and deposing of its image-sake. This new king hunts down the also-risen portraits of a young shepherdess he admires and her lover-boy chimney sweep in order to steal her hand. Based on the work of Hans Christian Andersen, this affably subversive animated adventure was scripted by legendary Jacques Prevert (Port of Shadows, Children of Paradise). A wildly inventive treat and apropos fable, the film took decades to see release and was a big inspiration for Studio Ghibli founder Hayao Miyazaki.

"I must whisper it to you—not because Im ashamed but because it is so Dear to me that I must keep it close to me by whispering—"

jenkins

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2017, 01:17:19 AM »
you guys what has been the best Hollywood movie since recently.

example titles:

TMNT
TMNT 2
Everest
Pompeii
Oz the Great and the Powerful
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
Yogi Bear
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
The Magnificent Seven
San Andreas
The Huntsman: Winter's War
Monster Trucks
Clash/Wrath of the Titans
Jack the Giant Slayer
G I Joe
Gods of Egypt

asking you to openly admit you liked some movie you'd never thought you'd see and later i'll thank you

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1662
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2017, 01:30:45 AM »
+1
I just saw San Andreas a couple months ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Between that and 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow, I apparently have an affinity toward movies about absurd global catastrophes bringing an estranged family back together.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

jenkins

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
thanks. i've never seen any of those three movies so i plan to make San Andreas the one. no i think i saw 2012 but wished i was doing something else. but still.

because i haven't found contrary evidence, i'm currently believing Goosebumps is the best recent Hollywood movie

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
  • Respect: +1662
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
If you didn't enjoy 2012, I can't imagine you'll enjoy San Andreas much. The key, to me, is to watch them as though you're watching a very dry comedy. The more self-seriously they treat the spectacle, the funnier and more entertaining they become.
Now you're in the *spoiler* place.

jenkins

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »
oh i was a different person back then and things were this/that you know. and now things are this/that instead. honestly i'll die and go straight to heaven if my biggest life regret is watching San Andreas

DMCA & Copyright | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy