I directed a series of music videos

Started by pete, April 04, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

pete

thanks everyone.
tyler - we used canon 60D and I think most of the shots were 50mm, some 35mm and maybe some wider for the final dance sequence.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

now it's on youtube. and I think music blogs.
- Buster Keaton

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

pete

- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

Cool. Some very nice images in there. I really like the use of multiple actions happening on different levels, that seems to be something you play about with a lot in this video.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

RegularKarate

I really liked it.
This one feels the most like a music video.

72teeth

Damn that looks great Pete!  :bravo:

Who knew the dungeon could look so good!?

next time even more girls!!!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

Damn good. Really atmospheric. I'ma feature this one on the news ticker, peeps be sleeping on your work too often.
under the paving stones.

InTylerWeTrust

Wow, man... That was excellent. I especially love how "artistic" it looks.. I could envision you working with someone like Kanye or someone like that  :yabbse-thumbup:

Could you tell us how you got in contact with Aesop? Because I've been doing some videos for local rappers (most of whom are actually childhood friends of mine), but I would love to work with a Major artist soon. Basically give us a little run-down of how it all came to be. (If you've already talked about this then I apologize........ for nothing)
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

pete

yeah there's a slight write up about it on my site:
http://enterthehero.com/post/26163335854/zzz-top-the-aesop-rock-music-video-action-movie

and the "i apologize........for nothing" line was good. more like that buddy.
and share your music videos too man. people'd be curious.
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

I need to stop watching these, because comparing what I'm capable of to what you're pulling off with the same camera is too depressing.  All of these videos are really, really good.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on August 23, 2012, 11:13:49 PM
I need to stop watching these, because comparing what I'm capable of to what you're pulling off with the same camera is too depressing.  All of these videos are really, really good.

Haha I recently got a 60D too and have been fuggin around with some vintage nikkor ais primes, but I translate my lack of skill as potential so I'm finding these videos inspirational. Though if I'm not mistaken Pete has moved on from amateur hour and nowadays shoots with the 5D mk II and also the camera Kubrick used to shoot Barry Lyndon. He got it off Vincent Gallo in exchange for tips on how not to be a douche.

Tip # 1 was: give that camera to someone who deserves it.
under the paving stones.

pete

that's really nice. thanks buddies.
I still make most of my meager living shooting food and drinks and chefs. so these words really hit the spot.
- Buster Keaton