I directed a series of music videos

Started by pete, April 04, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

pete

hi kids. here is my latest. it's a song called Kanye West by ATMOSPHERE. I wish it was the other way around, but the guys were cool and they just kinda let me do whatever I wanted after we figured out the premise.

For me it's like a cuter version of Takeshi Kitano, more than it is a Bonnie and Clyde type film. I've actually never seen Bonnie and Clyde.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

that was absolutely beautiful, pete. you have a very distinct style and its always exciting to see what you do with it.
how was atmosphere? i met him and slug and other anticon people at a show roughly ten years ago, and atmo was just a complete douchebag to everyone. he behaved like dane cook more or less. slug was cool, but i hate the way he raps. atmospheres music is pretty great for the most part, but his presence gave me a bad impression of him that effects the way he sounds to me now. i imagine he's a little cooler being older?

pete

hey - pardon my ignorance at my own client - but I thought Atmosphere was just Slug and the DJ Ant. If there was an Atmo then it was before my time. Slug was nice. He showed up a few times to check out the shoot, and for the scene that he was in, but mostly we were on our own. Nice guy though. Funny.
- Buster Keaton

actually that was my bad in retrospect, sole was the other guy i was talking about, not atmosphere. atmosphere is slug.

Just Withnail

That was funny, moody and a little heartbreaking at the end there, when she puts her hand up.

pete

- Buster Keaton

you're the coolest, pete. that was insanely insightful. i like that you spoke more like a director than just a music video director, if that makes any sense.

pete

that's really nice. thanks. in the week of the release, I definitely saw some really mind blowing stuffs by other music video directors, and it's a good reminder of how much further I have to go. share this thing if you can!
- Buster Keaton

i share all your music videos, saying 'my friend did this' and leaving out the detail that ive known you for about a decade but havent met you. me and all my hiphop buddies are crazy obsessive over aesop, so you're pretty much a god here.

Cloudy

Just met up with Pete today for some coffee (he was drinking a pink colored smoothie out of a mason jar with a straw, for anyone who's interested)...! This dude is hard at work, so many of my friends loving this video as well. Thanks again for meeting up with a fellow peon, Pete. Each video gets better.

Quoting my younger brother here: "This video is dope as fuck"

jtm

i know i'm an xixax outsider, but a FB friend of mine in the small town hick city i live in just posted about Pete on his page and i had to double check and see if it was the same Pete. it is. small fucking world.

pete

hi. the technology to post vimeo links on this board either has eluded me or does not yet exist. But anyways, here is my latest.

it got a write-up in Entertainment Weekly yesterday but it didn't mention me so don't worry about clicking it. There was supposed to be more push for the video today but a bunch of fucked up things happened to the Ethiopian community so there's a moratorium in promotion until Friday. Take a gander. I really like this one. It's like a dance heist of some sort. I don't know.
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

So damn good.

That location is amazing. Is that in LA? SF?
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

it's in Oakland - a startup office that used to be a bank.
- Buster Keaton