I directed a series of music videos

Started by pete, April 04, 2011, 12:52:03 PM

pete

I'm in the midst of finalizing a 7 and a half minute-long music video called "If I Be Wrong" by Wolf Larsen. It was a really hard shoot. The concept is to project images of a dancer onto different antique pieces inside this really awesome antique space, as if she was a hologram dancer in a music box, inside some woman's memory. I hope the concept shows thru in the final edit. In the meanwhile, here are some screen shots.

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

I enjoyed her album and this looks like it'll be real good. I look forward to it!

pete

So, this is the thing 72teeth came to help me out on. Here is a trailer. It's a kung fu movie.

The real thing drops in three days. If you got MTV I think it's gonna be on there.
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

Looks like it's gonna be awesome! Is the full thing gonna be posted online at the same time it airs on MTV?

pete

yes. MTV's got the clean version, and we'll post an explicit version online.
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Quote from: pete on June 26, 2012, 07:51:50 PMThe real thing drops in three days. If you got MTV I think it's gonna be on there.

So, there's a Teen Mom or Jersey Shore castmate in it?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

RegularKarate

pete

- Buster Keaton

polkablues

That was badass as all hell.  Nice work!
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

GOD DAMN! That was so fucking fun. Great, great job!

pete

thanks, two people!
I'm working on his next video, if anyone's in SF, come check it out. 72Teeth did and he did not seem to not enjoy it.
- Buster Keaton

72teeth

WHAT! What the hell you smoking Pete, i had a great time, loved the video, and said i'm your man anytime any place!

Ha! NVRMD, just re-read your comment and i totally didnt not read it wrong

Im in love with pete just to clarify
and you will too if you join pete's wild bunch!

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

RegularKarate

Pete, I was in NYC for a festival when this came out Friday and even though I was mega busy, I remembered to come here and check out your video and while I was watching, everyone that was in the hotel room with me gathered around the iPad and watched it too. Everyone loved it!
Random comments from people included:
"dope"
"that looks expensive!"
"Why isn't this guy making videos for us?!"

Anyway, great job, Pete!

Neil

Stellar job pete.  Love the use of light around the 2:30 mark.   The knife catch was fuckin' boss.  Such a great idea.

I wish i knew more about fighting and martial arts films, because i'd like to know where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, it works for really well for me and i have no frame of reference for this genre, so i think that's a really effective.

congrats man. 
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.