Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

matt35mm

That's not me in the picture. I took the picture.

I'll let my friend know that you all think he's ugly.

Reel

polkablues

Friends don't let friends grow patchy beards, Matt.  That's all I'm trying to say.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

Yes!  I was also there!  My weekend was full of Party Down.  It was great.

- Ken Marino is one the nicest, coolest, genuine dudes on the planet.  At the marathon after-party, he went out of his way to go and talk to all of the people who had just sat through every episode of the show in a row.  He was INSANELY nice to everyone and insanely funny.  Every time he went up to the stage during the marathon to do one of the three Q&As, he would run through the theater, high-fiving everyone in every row then do the same on the way back.
- I both got ran into by and took a piss next to Adam Scott (didn't check out his dick).
- Martin Star is kind of a dick.  I've always suspected this and still like him as an actor, but he is a lot like his character on Party Down.  (also, he's mostly just a dick compared to all the other insanely nice stars).
- Lizzy Caplan seemed uncomfortable being such a pretty girl around so many nerdy fans.  She seemed to just stick with Martin to hide in the smoke of his jerk-vibe so less people would bug her.
- Nick Offerman and Megan Mulaley get my vote for best Hollywood couple.
- Party Down is really funny and holds up even during marathon viewing (though I now disagree with everyone who says season 2 is better than season 1).

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 27, 2011, 12:59:03 PMParty Down is really funny and holds up even during marathon viewing (though I now disagree with everyone who says season 2 is better than season 1).

Season 2 sorely missed Jane Lynch. I recently rewatched all the episodes and I thought the football draft pick episode from season 2 was a clunker.

matt35mm

Quote from: matt35mm on June 26, 2011, 10:26:56 AM

My friends and I had shots with the cast of Party Down last night. They're in town for a marathon screening of the show. Lizzy Caplan, Martin Starr, and Ryan Hansen are in this picture. Adam Scott, Ken Marino, Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman were also there. RegularKarate was also there.

Good times.

Oh, I forgot to say that she made that face because she doesn't like whiskey. She took the shot and then promptly punched my friend in the chest and yelled something like, "What are you trying to do to me??"

polkablues

I met Ghostboy. There's no photo evidence, but I think he would back me up if questioned.

Not coincidentally, I also said "Xixax" out loud for the first time today.

Lottery

Quote from: polkablues on June 01, 2013, 01:38:50 AM
I met Ghostboy. There's no photo evidence, but I think he would back me up if questioned.

I would like to say it's pronounced almost like zig-zax but in the Hagen song it's like six-six.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lottery on June 01, 2013, 01:53:48 AM
Quote from: polkablues on June 01, 2013, 01:38:50 AM

I would like to say it's pronounced almost like zig-zax but in the Hagen song it's like six-six.

Or people thought the film was crap when they heard him call it "Exlax."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

It's possible the people nearby heard that we knew each other from "sick sex," but if so, nobody batted an eye.

Reel

He must've been so pissed you're not the girl in your avatar. Talk about Catfished

Ghostboy

This meeting did occur, and it was indeed the first time I'd ever heard the site spoken aloud. In my mind, I always read it as Zy-Zax.

Jeremy Blackman

Maybe I'm misremembering the Nina Hagen song, but I've always thought it was "zick-zacks."

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on June 03, 2013, 12:48:44 AM
Maybe I'm misremembering the Nina Hagen song, but I've always thought it was "zick-zacks."

That's exactly how I pronounced it, so it must be correct.

mogwai

I saw Barack Obama yesterday visiting Stockholm.

(on the tv set).