The 82nd Annual Academy Awards

Started by Gold Trumpet, June 24, 2009, 01:32:11 PM

a.santi

we all wanted to watch it here at home, of course it was only me that stayed up that late...
but the media and everybody was so excited about having an argentine movie nominated for an oscar,
even the ceremony was on the local channel. it's a bit silly. but winning an oscar here, is pretty much like winning a football match (real football, you call it soccer i think).

im glad El Secreto won, Campanella and Darin are a good team and i loved all of their movies, Darin is awesome...think El aura is my favorite of his movies. Tho i now really want to see the german one, the white ribbon, they said here it was a lot better.

anyway, that was it.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: a.santi on March 08, 2010, 09:10:28 PM
Tho i now really want to see the german one, the white ribbon

Yeah, definitely check it out as soon as you get the chance.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Oscar Winner's Speech Interrupted for Second Time

Aside from his Oscar win, documentary filmmaker Roger Ross Williams can't seem to catch a break. He's now better known for being ambushed onstage by former co-producer Elinor Burkett (now nicknamed "Lady Kanye") during his acceptance speech, rather than for his film, "Music by Prudence," which won for best documentary short. The day after the Oscar incident, Williams attempted to give the speech he wrote in a public forum, and again he was interrupted.

Because of the speech-hijacking incident, Larry King invited Williams on his show last night. After discussing the "Kanye moment" for a few minutes, King announced, "We wanted to give him a chance to give his speech, uninterrupted." Williams walked over to the side of the stage, where a microphone had been set up. Holding his speech in his hand, he began speaking as if he were still in front of the Oscar audience and had just learned his film had won. ("Oh my god, oh my god.")

Less than a minute into the speech, however, Williams suddenly looked confused and distracted. It appeared that something was happening off camera, most likely that he was being signaled by a staff member to end the speech. Before King said, "Don't cha have anything left," he referenced that they were running out of time. As Williams began a synopsis of the rest of the speech, King said, "Quickly...we have 20 seconds."

The Oscar incident has already become a running joke on other late-night shows. Last night, both "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Late Show with David Letterman" parodied the incident, with Letterman actually getting his own "Lady Kanye" to ambush his monologue.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks