Have you ever stolen a dvd?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 06, 2003, 01:28:26 AM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: -dazza-My local HMV puts all their security tags on the outside, so you could just rip them off and walk out!

I've never had the balls to do it, though. If I was caught, my parents'd probably disown me.

When I was younger me and my friends use to rip them off and stick them on each others back so when they walked through the alarm would sound.

cowboykurtis

when i was younger my friends and i, stole thousands of dollars worth of re- issued star wars toys. i still have them all -- characters, vehicles, grip loads of this shit -- i want to sell them, all they're doing is taking up space -- i wonder if theyre worth any thing. as far as dvds -- you know the columbia music house things you get in the mail -- GET 10 FREE DVDS -- as long as you buy 2 at regular price. i sent it in -- got 10 free dvds -- then never bought the others -- i got a few threatening letters, but they never did anything -- worked like a charm -- i dont know if you call that stealing, but i got free movies nonetheless.
...your excuses are your own...

Cecil

Quote from: cowboykurtisi got a few threatening letters, but they never did anything

crap, i shouldve done that. awww whatever

aclockworkjj

Quote from: cowboykurtiscolumbia music .

If you are under 18 do it.....they can't hold you to shit.  They will be more than happy to offer a membership, but being a minor (at least in the states)...they can't hold you to anything.  I used to do it with CD's all the time...

©brad

yeah but don't they mess up your credit if you don't buy the rest of the dvds? seems like they could, having your credit card number and whatnot.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cbrad4dyeah but don't they mess up your credit if you don't buy the rest of the dvds? seems like they could, having your credit card number and whatnot.

They don't always take your credit card number and they don't take SSNs, so they can't touch your credit... unless things have changed.

Pas

Old topic I know, but I know a damn good technique. I never used it personnally  :wink:  :roll:  but I heard it works damn fine  :wink:

Go in a store with a friend, but don't act as if he's your friend. You don't know him. He will discretly put as much stuff on him as he can. While he's doing this, you take one of these security magnets, the thing that makes the alarm go off. Put it in your wallet.

Now, head to the door, with your friend following pretty close. When you get out, the alarm goes off. Act as if you caught, say things like "SHIT !" or "Damn..." with a mad face, distract the attention. Your friend has 2 to 4 seconds to get out while the alarm is still off, and while every eye is on you. When he's out, just say : "It's my damn chip card again...here, take my wallet" and pass the detector. Nothing will ring. You are free.