Indiana Jones 5

Started by MacGuffin, July 28, 2008, 12:56:52 PM

cinemanarchist

I hope "cracked" refers to locking George Lucas in a dark rat infested basement until after the commentary is recorded.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

MacGuffin

Exclusive: Indy 5 Is A Go!
Frank Marshall spills the beans
Source: Empire Online

The hat is officially out of the bag. On Monday Shia Labeouf let slip that a follow up to Indiana Jones And The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was on the cards and now Frank Marshall has pretty much confirmed it, suggesting that Indy V could be approaching the pencil-chewing script development stage.

Although he didn't specify timelines, Marshall told Empire that ideas would be worked on with a view to green-lighting production sooner rather than later. "It's really about the script," says the veteran Indy producer. "Once we see that, we'll see. We're not going to wait another 20 years. We'd all love to make another one. I'm anxious to hear the idea!"

But are Mssrs. Spielberg, Ford and Lucas equally sold on a fifth outing for the whip-cracking archeologist? "Yeah. We had a great time making the last one and, as Harrison said, we need to make this one soon. We're not getting any younger."

With Ford fast approaching his 67th birthday, time is definitely of the essence. Up may have raised the bar for the ageing adventurers, but Indy showed signs of creakiness in The Crystal Skull and it's safe to rule out too many rolling boulder chases or collapsing rope bridges from a further sequel. Hopefully the same goes for the gopher.

One caveat to all this is the lack of a concrete idea. As Marshall told us: "Until there's a script, nothing's definite. I haven't heard the idea."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Well, here's hoping natural causes prevail. 
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

i didn't think Skull was that bad other than too much cgi.
if there was some dream budgetary cap on everything except salaries (which could never be done) maybe it would be better.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Harrison Ford Up For 'Indiana Jones 5'... 'If The Script Is Good'

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Harrison Ford might have four "Indiana Jones" movies under his belt and is almost approaching age 70, but the actor says he would be ready to crack the iconic archaeologist's whip again and sport the trademark fedora in another sequel.

"The story for the new 'Indiana Jones' is in the process of taking form," Harrison told France's Le Figaro, as reported by People.

The 67-year-old actor reportedly told the mag that another movie all depends on the script.

"Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and myself are agreed on what the fifth adventure will concern, and George is actively at work," he said. "If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

Harrison was last seen on the big screen in 2008's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," which earned over $786 million worldwide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

diggler

ahhh Conan:

"harrison ford wants to make a fifth indiana jones movie, in the film he'll be chased by a giant boulder played by his prostate"
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

MacGuffin

Indy's Dad Returns?
Iconic Indiana Jones character rumoured for a comeback.
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

Could Sean Connery be returning to the Indiana Jones franchise?

That's what Ireland Online is reporting, with the outlet suggesting that producers on the fifth movie are planning to bring Indy's dad back, even though we learnt in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull that he had apparently passed away.

An (unnamed) source told them: "Steven Spielberg has been working on a script with George Lucas and there is an element of the story that could see Sean returning. Anything is possible in these movies and if Sean wants to return he will become central to the new story."

Until we hear anything from the studio however, it's probably best to take this rumour with a pinch of salt.

Last week we heard that Harrison Ford himself might be up for donning the hat and whip once more, saying: "If the script is good, I'll be very happy to put the costume on again."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Major Indy 5 News: Bermuda Triangle, the last of Harrison Ford
Source: SciFi Wire

Were you disappointed in the last Indiana Jones film, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? According to the major developments we learned today from Stuff magazine, you won't be disappointed with the next Indiana Jones film—which will really be the last.

According to an inside source, Harrison Ford has agreed to come back as the archaeologist and adventurer one more time, and will be given an "emotional and exciting" sendoff: "Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like ... an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

Indiana Jones 5 will supposedly begin shooting next year, and much of the plot line will revolve around the Bermuda Triangle.

"George [Lucas] and Steven [Spielberg] have been working on a script and it's almost there," the source said.

Shia LaBeouf, who played Indiana's son Mutt Williams, will also appear in the new installment.

"Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son, but this will be a blockbuster made in the old-fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," according the source.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 08, 2010, 06:35:15 PM
"...this will be a blockbuster made in the old-fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie," according the source.

but but but..

Quote from: MacGuffin on June 08, 2010, 06:35:15 PM
"George [Lucas] and Steven [Spielberg] have been working on a script and it's almost there," the source said.
under the paving stones.

Alexandro

Fernando

I love when posters become 'Inspiring/Aspiring actress Jacki Lynn", of course n00bs don't know what the hell is that, and by n00bs I mean ppl that have been posting less than FIVE YEARS.

Alexandro

were these two guys hurt in their pride by the reaction to the fourth film so much they have to make another one to redeem themselves or they are just in denial or are they just this greedy?

tpfkabi

the steer away from CGI is most welcome in my book...i'm intrigued.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Alexandro

they said the last time it was going to be "a 20th century film"...you think?

pete

no way, they don't have a time machine.  not even one that'll go back for a little bit.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton