Gandhi

Started by ono, July 07, 2003, 11:53:38 PM

ono

I saw this over a period of three days in a religion class I'm taking right now.  I don't have much to say right now other than, "now THIS is how you do a biopic."  It's simply amazing.  About two thirds of the way through, I knew I'd be adding this to my lists of "films that if everyone would see them and take them to heart, we'd see world peace."  Now the list is only two items long, with Amelie being the first to be included.  But hey, it's a start.  :)  A resounding ****/**** (9/10).  Gotta let it sink again, maybe sit through it in one go before I decide whether it's a truly amazing (10/10) pic.  There are some flaws, but what film doesn't have a flaw?

Duck Sauce

Id go with an 8.5, as I havent seen it in about  year

coulda had more CGI

Alethia

i gotta see this movie again, its been a while

Ravi

It took Richard Attenborough years to get this film made.  He wrote a good book called "In Search of Gandhi" about the making of the film.  It might be out of print, but I have a copy.

Duck Sauce, there was a scene where Gandhi and Nehru fight Storm Troopers, but it was left on the cutting room floor.  I don't know why, as it was a crucial event in India's history.