The 78th Annual Academy Awards: Winners List on Page 7

Started by MacGuffin, January 05, 2006, 12:48:07 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've been let down by the Oscars before, but 2005's was just pathetic.

I know I've said some shit about Crash, but for those of you who liked Crash, do you really think it was the best movie of last year?  Honestly, I'd give A History of Violence an award for Best Picture than I would for Crash, and it wasn't even nominated.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

highlights:
hacksparrow, fucking brilliant man. i love your work.
polky, beautiful as always.

lowlights
pyramid machine; anyone who agreed with him on any point.

winner of life
weak2ndact, awarded to himself by himself.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Real fast:  Did no one perform Lose Yourself at the 2003 Oscars?  I swear someone did, right?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on March 07, 2006, 12:36:25 PM
Real fast:  Did no one perform Lose Yourself at the 2003 Oscars?  I swear someone did, right?

There were no musical numbers performed at the awards that year.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

Untrue. Every song was performed except for lose yourself, making the fact that it won a big waste of time for everyone who bothered to perform.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Derek237 on March 07, 2006, 12:58:50 PM
Untrue. Every song was performed except for lose yourself, making the fact that it won a big waste of time for everyone who bothered to perform.

You're right. I remember now that that was the same year U2 performed. For some reason I thought the producers that year tried to streamline the show by not having the songs sung.  :?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Quote from: polkablues on March 06, 2006, 05:30:32 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on March 06, 2006, 05:16:51 PM
"Sometimes people pretend to like movies more than they actually do," said Richard Walter, who heads the screenwriting program at UCLA's film school. "But this film wasn't really THAT good. What it tried to do was great, sensational. But what it actually accomplished wasn't so great. You can't really buy the love story."

That's right, folks... you heard it here first.  Richard Walter, esteemed writer of nothing that has ever been produced, says, "Brokeback Mountain's not THAT good."

Moral of the story: don't study screenwriting at UCLA.
Dude... I shamefully took a screenwriting seminar from this hack a little over a year ago (I was at a low point and needed something).  He's horrible.  Beyond horrible.  I first began to realize this during the day when he said how bad of a film Punch-Drunk Love was.  He further slammed PTA to which members of the class strongly disagreed.  He praised crap and taught RULES TO STICK BY or your stuff won't get read... but the worst part, the absolute worst thing ever is that he agrees to read your script and pass them on if he feels they're worthy.  Well this ass head contacted me a month later (I couldn't believe how quick), he wrote me a strong letter of how much he loved the characters, story, just needs a little shaping etc. and to give him a call.  So naturally I do, and he tells me that he would love to be a script consultant and move it along to his contacts.  Sounds pretty outstanding right?  Then comes his fee which is of course ri-cock-ulous... 5 grand for his contribution with no guarantees.  And NO he will not just pass it along to his contacts because he has a reputation to uphold and has to make sure the material is tip-top.  This deusch builds you up, makes you believe you finally may have some sort of an in and then tarnishes your happiness when he tells you what he charges.  People like him are just wrong and should not be affiliated whatsoever with the craft.

The Red Vine

"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

atticus jones

a copy of final draft...$250

a ucla extension course in screenwriting...$495

a script consultant with hollywood contacts...$5000

when mediocre hack talent wins an oscar and enrages all the other mediocre hack talent...priceless

go make something better or shut the phuck up already...you are starting to sound like those middle american dopes on american eye doll who sing like someone stunk a rusty car jack up their ass...all the while believing...insanely, absoulutely, without an ounce of of insincerity believing...their shit could move people...

gentleman start your engines...keep truckin on the gawd damn track...

none of us have the stomach to watch anyone else crash

frum won word wizard in the blizzard to sum sore loser in the boozer..."let me sink this drink beef or you drink my pink cheap whore"

mmm hmmm

my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

Thrindle

For once he makes sense... yeah Xixaxers with talent... go and giver. 
Classic.

BackUpOffMeFoo

Any chance of a hybrid Oscar top ten list?

One that get's 50 miles per gallon and doesnt look like a fuckin ladybug...

Serious?

©brad

fulty

I do.

Yes...been there, done that, will do again.

Excited use of a new word for the first time with association.

Drugs.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 05, 2006, 10:51:26 PM
Quote from: RedVines on March 05, 2006, 10:42:29 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

:nono: excuse me sugar..but you cant cop out w/ the "gay cowboy movie"....hollywood is full of liberal idiots...and the fact that the film won for director, screenplay, and nominated for best pic...deadens your arguement....brokeback didnt win b/c of its gayness but rather b/c its overrated.......and heath and jake are douchebags ......damn, douchebag is such a great word..

have you seen the movie, fucko? go watch Crash again to fulfill your education on the nuances of the "race relation genre." i can't figure out why i prefer the beautiful, charged story of Brokeback Mountain with its wonderful, spirited humanity to a lesson on how Blacks Can Be Racist Too, maybe i'm crazy.

i haven't seen it...but i will eventually..i just think the film is overrated and i am sick about hearing about it..i am glad it lost...and the fact that crash, of all films, won is icing......and you guys think that this is one of my favorite films...its not....i was pulling for munich...but like i've said for the billionth time... a current hollywood film that shows minorites acting like bigots and being unreddemable characters rather than only white people...now thats controversial....once some of you guys grow up...[most here are under 18] and realize that the word doesnt move at 24fps you'll see my point

hedwig

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 09, 2006, 09:56:07 PM
Quote from: pyramid machine on March 05, 2006, 10:51:26 PM
Quote from: RedVines on March 05, 2006, 10:42:29 PM
you gotta be fuckin kidding me! Brokeback was the best of those movies by a long shot. I just knew they'd find an alternate to Brokeback, cuz God forbid they actually give it to the "gay cowboy movie" (as they say). ridiculous.

:nono: excuse me sugar..but you cant cop out w/ the "gay cowboy movie"....hollywood is full of liberal idiots...and the fact that the film won for director, screenplay, and nominated for best pic...deadens your arguement....brokeback didnt win b/c of its gayness but rather b/c its overrated.......and heath and jake are douchebags ......damn, douchebag is such a great word..

have you seen the movie, fucko? go watch Crash again to fulfill your education on the nuances of the "race relation genre." i can't figure out why i prefer the beautiful, charged story of Brokeback Mountain with its wonderful, spirited humanity to a lesson on how Blacks Can Be Racist Too, maybe i'm crazy.

i haven't seen it...but i will eventually..i just think the film is overrated and i am sick about hearing about it..i am glad it lost...and the fact that crash, of all films, won is icing......and you guys think that this is one of my favorite films...its not....i was pulling for munich...but like i've said for the billionth time... a current hollywood film that shows minorites acting like bigots and being unreddemable characters rather than only white people...now thats controversial....

why would you criticize something if you haven't even seen it and know nothing about it? not that it's ever stopped you before.. like this argument that Crash's depiction of blacks as "unredeemable" instead of only white people is something radical, that's absolute trash: have you not seen ANY of the zillions of movies released in the last, say, ten years that depict minorities as drug dealers, rapists, murderers, thieves, pimps, and buffoons? HONESTLY, man. give up this ignorant argument, it's one of the worst i've seen.

Quote from: pyramid machine on March 09, 2006, 09:56:07 PM
once some of you guys grow up...[most here are under 18] and realize that the word doesnt move at 24fps you'll see my point

well to begin, that's not even true, most here are not under 18..but it doesn't even matter. You think the reason a lot of us criticize this movie is because we're not on the same level of maturity as you?  I never knew you to be so arrogant.