The Stanley Kubrick Archives

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 10, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

tpfkabi

I had seen all Kubrick already besides Killer's Kiss and the two mentioned above.
Just thought reading through it would be a good excuse to rewatch his filmography.
Some I have only seen once and a long time ago.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideas on October 26, 2006, 09:40:51 PM
Just thought reading through it would be a good excuse to rewatch his filmography.
you need an excuse?
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

So I know it's been almost two years since this came out and you guys are probably done with this discussion, but I'd like to introduce this problem I'm facing.

Last year, I wanted this for Christmas, but we were so broke, it just wasn't going to happen.  This year, I've been doing a good deal of hinting, but I saw my present wrapped under the tree and I'm pretty sure my wife has gotten me this:

Now, does anyone here have this one?
I don't want to be an asshole.. this isn't her fault, she found the Taschen Kubrick book... she just didn't realize (or forgot) there were two.

Is this thing half as good as the Archives?  Should I just keep it and wait and buy the Archives later (and risk it selling out or something) or should I be kind of a dick and return it and place the amount I get back towards buying the Archives?

Fernando

A friend bought it and although I didn't read anything I wasn't too impressed by it (and this was before the archives), so in the archive-o-meter it rates too low if at all; I say be kind with your wife and tell her thanks for helping you get this other 'must own now' book.

modage

wait till Dec 26th to serve her the divorce papers.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Xx

Pozer

you'll shoot your eye out with the archive book anyways.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: flagpolespecial on December 18, 2006, 03:53:00 PM
is it possible that your wife is playing an elaborate trick on you and you are getting the archives?
I immediately thought the same thing. She might have gotten both. I assume RK knows his wife well enough to suspect something like that if it were possible, though.

MacGuffin

What's really gonna suck is when they find out that RK's wife sold her hair to get him that book, while RK sold his Kubrick DVDs to get her hair combs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Okay, between this and the Saving Xixax thread, I've finally figured out what MacGuffin does for a living.

He's a comedian!

Pubrick

Quote from: matt35mm on December 18, 2006, 11:24:57 PM
Okay, between this and the Saving Xixax thread, I've finally figured out what MacGuffin does for a living.

He's a comedian!
i don't know about the saving xixax thread, but his post here tells me he watches Futurama. what more is there to know about a person..
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick on December 19, 2006, 06:58:40 AM

He's a comedian!
i don't know about the saving xixax thread, but his post here tells me he watches Futurama. what more is there to know about a person..
Or he just knows his literature.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_Of_The_Magi

MacGuffin

Quote from: onomabracadabra on December 19, 2006, 01:37:02 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on December 19, 2006, 06:58:40 AM

He's a comedian!
Or he just knows his literature.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_Of_The_Magi

Or movies even:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

The true winner is the person who does get the archive book for Christmas.

Skeleton FilmWorks