New thread - Hitler-free and all

Started by kotte, August 22, 2003, 11:47:10 AM

kotte

Since my other thread turned into something about Hitler I'll start a new one.

Silverchair - Great post-Nirvana band...I'm not even sure this isn't Nirvana. It could be.

Starsailor - One of my fav. bands. Awsome. Nothing less than great. One of their songs was used in the 25th Hour trailer. Just great.

Supergrass - A fun band to listen to...

I assume you agree... Democratorship rules.

moonshiner

so this thread is about what you like, is that it? starting the Hitler thread wasn't good enough.....
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pubrick

wtf man, is this the same thing ur other one was about?

u can't start a new one everytime one derails,. control ur bitch!
under the paving stones.

kotte

Quote from: Pcontrol ur bitch!

Yepp...you're right...I'm a bitch out of control... :twisted:

Total unnecessary behavior and I DO apologize.  :cry:

Chris

Sigur Rós

I this thread about The 3. Empire and Hitler?

Jeremy Blackman

chainsmoking insomniac

Starsailor kicks ass.  And that pic is fucking hilarious.

Seriously tho, you can't start a new thread everytime one "derails."  If everyone did that, this entire board would be out of control.  Anarchy would ensue.  "Dogs and cats, living together.....MASS HYSTERIA!"
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanI don't like Hitler.

No, he's not a very nice man. But he loved films. He had this book where he rated all the hollywood films. Actually he loved Chaplin's 'The Great Dictator'....

phil marlowe

hitler was greater than silverchair and starsailor combined will ever be.

Sleuth

That's just too bad he burned out before his prime :cry:
I like to hug dogs

kotte

No, seriously. I'm sorry...just trying to find my place here at the xixax community.

it was meant as a gag...a cheap gag as I look at it now... :oops:

I just have to regain your trust (even though I'm under 20 posts and haven't had time to gain it in the first place.)

Chris

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

kotte

Quote from: tremoloslothI trust you, Chris Kattan.

Thank you, tremolosloth, with a name you can't make fun of.