Oliver Stone......?!

Started by moonshiner, March 13, 2003, 12:17:04 AM

MacGuffin

Stone clocks in for 'Night' shift
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Oliver Stone is in talks to direct "The Night Watchman." The feature film is an adaptation of James Ellroy's script about a disgraced police officer who sets out to rid the police force of corruption. The project, which has been in the works for some time, is being refinanced, with Avi Lerner in talks to finance through his Millenium Films' banner. Spike Lee was set to direct Keanu Reeves in the long-gestating project but has since dropped off to helm "Inside Man" for Universal Pictures. Alexandra Milchan, Lucas Foster and Erwin Stoff are producing. The producers are awaiting a new draft of the script from John Ridley and will then move toward closing deals with Stone and Reeves. "Night Watchman" has been through several incarnations. At one point, David Fincher was in talks to direct for Regency Enterprises and Bruce Berman for Warner Bros. Pictures. Stone most recently directed "Alexander," which has grossed $167.6 million worldwide.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i guess i didnt realize lee had dropped this for the other one.  that sucks, although somebody letting stone make another movie after alexander is some miracle.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gold Trumpet

With a possible collaboration between Oliver Stone and James Ellroy, this could be a magnificent coming together. I dare anyone to read the novel L.A. Confidential and ask not just if the film holds up, but if the film even attempts to boil at the same level as the novel. While reading the novel, I kept thinking to myself how impossible it even was to attempt to make this into a film. Not only is the novel an explosian of ideas and language, but its size is so epic it can skip years in just a page and dwarf many other novels. When Bruce Willis had the idea a few years ago to adapt Ellroy's Cold Thousand not into a movie, but an HBO mini-series, he had the right idea. It still would have been tough. Its just the only filmmaker who is as impatient with images as Ellroy is with setences and story structure is Oliver Stone.

SiliasRuby

I'm really happy about this, GT is right this could be a fantastic collaboration. I wonder how Keanu will do under Stone's reign as director.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Stone says media has him wrong
Source: Hollywood Reporter

CANNES -- Oliver Stone is mad as hell, and he's not going to take it any more.

Fed up with what he calls the Internet "echo effect, which goes on and on," the filmmaker sent out a press release Thursday from Los Angeles to contradict recent media reports about him.

"Contrary to recent reports in the media, I've never announced or intend to make films called 'Constantine,' 'The Night Watchman" or the life story of Margaret Thatcher," Stone's release read. "Nor, as also reported, have I fled the United States for France, 'apologized' to Turkey for (1978's) 'Midnight Express' or denounced my film 'Alexander,' which has now grossed $170 million internationally and will be released on DVD in two versions Aug. 2 in the United States, Latin America, the U.K., Australia, and other countries. Lest my friends are confused, I continue to live in the United States, where I am developing various film projects."

In an interview, Stone said that he had been developing an adaptation of the James Ellroy book "The Night Watchman" with writer John Ridley, but "it didn't work out," he said. "I'm no longer involved with it".

As for reports that he's planning to make a biopic of former British Prime Minister Thatcher, Stone said that stemmed from a joke he made at a news conference to promote "Alexander."

"I made a crack that the life of Margaret Thatcher would be great with Meryl Streep," he said. "It hit the news wires and the Internet. Can you imagine me doing the life of Margaret Thatcher?"

As for the speculation that the pending DVD issue of "Alexander" would be significantly different to tone down the homosexuality featured in the theatrical version, Stone said that in truth, Warner Bros. plans to release two versions of the DVD, the theatrical cut and a director's cut.

"There are a lot of changes, a whole new third act," Stone said of the director's cut. "It's 25% changed. We lose 20 minutes and put back in 12. ... It was a big job (that required) two more months of editing work."

Stone also asserted that Millennium Films chief Avi Lerner had announced this week at the Festival de Cannes that he had committed to produce a film about the Roman emperor Constantine that would shoot in Bulgaria. Lerner could not immediately be reached for comment Thursday.

"I have never heard of the project," Stone said. "I do like Avi Lerner. I faxed him, 'What are you doing?' But I haven't heard back."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Damn. He really may take another five years to make a film.

MacGuffin

Oliver Stone Arrested on Drug, DUI Charges

Oscar-winning director Oliver Stone was arrested for investigation of drug possession and driving while intoxicated, police said Saturday.

Stone, 58, was arrested Friday night at a police checkpoint on Sunset Boulevard after showing signs of alcohol intoxication, police Sgt. John Edmundson said.

A search of his Mercedes turned up drugs, Edmundson said. He did not specify what kind.

Stone was released Saturday morning after posting $15,000 bail.

A message left Saturday with Stone's agent David Styne was not immediately returned.

In 1999, the filmmaker pleaded guilty to drug possession and no contest to driving under the influence and was ordered into a rehabilitation program.

Stone's films include the recent "Alexander," "JFK" (1991) and "Natural Born Killers" (1994). He won Academy Awards for directing in 1989 for "Born on the Fourth of July" and in 1986 for "Platoon," which also won the Oscar for best picture. He lives in Los Angeles.

Skeleton FilmWorks

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

jtm

i predict Oliver Stone will be dead within a year.

soixante

I'm really surprised he was busted.  Oliver Stone doesn't seem like the type of guy to do drugs.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Ghostboy

Quote from: soixanteI'm really surprised he was busted.  Oliver Stone doesn't seem like the type of guy to do drugs.

Oh, sweet sarcasm!

haha,

i am sad for this, i was watching alexander on a bus yesterday and it wasn't as bad as i remembered.  i regret being so harsh with it. forgive me oliver stone, wherever you are.
context, context, context.

Ravi

Quote from: cronopio
watching alexander on a bus

Watching a historical epic on a bus.  What a dichotomy.

SiliasRuby

I immediately laughed when I read that he was arrested on drug possesion and that he was intoxicated as well. Then I felt guilt. I love oliver stone and I was slightly sad that he wasn't in preproduction of any films. I just wish he didn't go out and do that stuff, if you have to take drugs or alcohol make sure your stick yourself in your house and don't go in a car. That's my rule, not that I drink much or take any drugs.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

w/o horse

QuoteParamount Pictures will finance and distribute an untitled feature about the rescue of two Port Authority police officers from the rubble of the World Trade Center, says Variety. Oliver Stone will direct the film and Nicolas Cage will star.

Andrea Berloff, who recently signed to write Paramount's remake of Don't Look Now, has written the script. The Stone project is on a fast track with pre-production already started in New York.

Paramount isn't the only studio now moving briskly to tell the 9/11 story, adds the trade.

After optioning the Jim Dwyer-Kevin Flynn book "102 Minutes" in February, Columbia Pictures has already received a first script draft by Billy Ray, writer and director of Shattered Glass.

The project addresses the rescue attempts that took place between the moment the first plane hit the World Trade Center at 8:46 a.m. and the collapse of the first tower at 10:28 a.m.

The Stone-directed project will focus on a much smaller story from the fateful day. Cage will portray one of the two Port Authority police officers, Will Jimeno and John McLoughlin, who were among the many rescuers who risked their lives by rushing into the smoking buildings; the duo were among the very few who survived the fall of the towers, thanks to the frantic rescue efforts of other rescuers who pulled them from the rubble before their oxygen ran out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10308
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.