TOP 10 2008

Started by samsong, January 04, 2009, 12:13:42 AM

Stefen

Wendy & Lucy was fucking awesome. Oh, sorry it didn't have any explosions or people running around dodging bullets in slow motion.

Anyone who hates Wendy & Lucy hates dogs and they hate women with short hair. They also hate Oregon.

Pozer, what's your beef with dogs, women, the Pacific Northwest, character oriented filmmaking, indie cinema, emotion, care, love, companionship and shoplifting?

Xplain yourself.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Quote from: Megan Fox is a stupid bitch on June 15, 2009, 09:41:32 AM
dogs, women, the Pacific Northwest, character oriented filmmaking, indie cinema, emotion, care, love, companionship and shoplifting

I unabashedly love all these things.  No wonder I loved this movie so much.

Pozer

Quote from: Megan Fox is a stupid bitch on June 15, 2009, 09:41:32 AM
Wendy & Lucy was fucking awesome. Oh, sorry it didn't have any explosions or people running around dodging bullets in slow motion.

Anyone who hates Wendy & Lucy hates dogs and they hate women with short hair. They also hate Oregon.

Pozer, what's your beef with dogs, women, the Pacific Northwest, character oriented filmmaking, indie cinema, emotion, care, love, companionship and shoplifting?

Xplain yourself.

xplain YOURself.

tell me the story of Wendy & Lucy. no, try telling your friends what it's about and see if one of them watches it.

i know i am alone here, but i'm just over these b.s. 'indie cinema' movies i guess. character driven, yada. i need a story too. more than just a conflict. maybe i'm older and get bored easier but, c'mon. c'mon. what's so fucking awesome about it, really? debbie downer Lucy puts herself in a crummy spot. c'mon. nothing about this movie tugged on the heartstrings of me or the person i watched it with. oh yeah, we both like other indie movies too, btw. there was some nice moments but not enough to make me care in the end. 

and dont give me that because it didnt have action sequences b.s. either. i heart dogs and character oriented filmmaking WITH stories is all.

i heart you too, stupid bitch. but, c'mon. 

Stefen

Do you have any pets?

What resonated the most with me was the relationship between Wendy and Lucy. I have a dog who I care about very much so maybe I was able to identify with the film more.

I just found it very refreshing. A reason you list for hating it (lack of story) is the reason I have for loving it. It was just simple and easy. It didn't hurt my face.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Wendy calling out "Lucy! Luce!" every five minutes hurt my ear canals.

i'm being too harsh on it here. it being at the top of abuck's list just bugged me after his Dark Knight comment and i felt something had to be said. it comes off as, "Dark Knight sucks cos it's not deep enough. indie movies don't coz they make you think philosophically and stuff." c'mon.   

Stefen

I was just funnin ya.

What is your top 10?

Pozer

1. Wanted
2. Quantum of Solace
3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. Rambo
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Speed Racer
7. Hancock
8. Hellboy 2
9. Max Payne
10. Pistol Whipped

runner ups: Iron Man, Dark knight & Chicano Blood

abuck1220

it's not so much that the dark knight wasn't deep, it's that it tried to be deep and failed fucking miserably.

not to mention the horrible, horrible script (the japanese guy subplot, the sonar/cell phone bullshit, the joker's stupid jail break plan, the comically rushed transition from dent to two-face, not ending the movie with a joker showdown, etc.)

Stefen

I Love a Magician

Quote from: Pozer on June 15, 2009, 01:35:48 PM
try telling your friends what it's about and see if one of them watches it.

this is just the worst thing.

nothing about this movie tugged on the heartstrings of me or the person i watched it with.

not even the security guard at the end? shit son. let yourself feel.

hedwig

pozer made me want to see Wendy and Lucy. sounds really great!

Jefferson

Quote from: Pozer on June 15, 2009, 02:09:14 PM
1. Wanted
2. Quantum of Solace
3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
4. Rambo
5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Speed Racer
7. Hancock
8. Hellboy 2
9. Max Payne
10. Pistol Whipped

runner ups: Iron Man, Dark knight & Chicano Blood

:notworthy:

Pozer

Quote from: I Love a Magician on June 15, 2009, 03:31:45 PM
try telling your friends what it's about and see if one of them watches it.

this is just the worst thing.

nothing about this movie tugged on the heartstrings of me or the person i watched it with.

not even the security guard at the end? shit son. let yourself feel.

c'mon, who you kiddin?

matt35mm

Why are you talking like Bill O'Reilly?

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: matt35mm on June 15, 2009, 05:23:48 PM
Why are you talking like Bill O'Reilly?

Whenever confused, just assume an injoke.