Requiem For A Dream DVD easter egg

Started by noyes, January 04, 2006, 11:07:04 AM

noyes

south america's my name.

The Perineum Falcon

couldn't you just tell 'em where it is on the disc?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

noyes

this is more for people that don't have the dvd.
which i guess is useless since most of you do.

anyway,
put it on your ipod.
south america's my name.

noyes

it just occured to me that more people should start posting dvd contents on here. criterions especially.
it's incredibly easy. a little too easy.
i would eternally grateful if someone can rip Gimme Shelter.
i'll rip anything in return.
south america's my name.

noyes

oh boy.. the point of this thread went everywhere and nowhere.
might as well close it.
south america's my name.

mogwai

yeah yeah, go to mommy and cry now.

noyes

you guys are acting like its everyday someone posts a dvd feature up for download.
shit, god forbid if i thought i'd be funny to share one.
south america's my name.

Pubrick

i don't get what's wrong with this. especially since the forum could use the traffic, no pun intended.

anyway you bring up a good idea, but i don't know if ppl would be willing to rip the extras from their dvds. isn't that effort? still it would be awesome if ppl did that, we'd hav to hide the dvd forum (where it would go) so lurkers and freeloaders wouldn't get the good stuff for free.
under the paving stones.

noyes

yeah it does take effort, but only about 10 minutes to rip (using dvd decrypter), since that feature was about 5 minutes long.
and then ripping the subsequent file using videora and sending it through yousendit took about an hour.
Criterion extras would be ideal, to be able to see Bunuel mixing a martini on your ipod and not have to buy Discreet Charm would be nice.
i guess everyone wouldn't want to do it, but hell, i'll rip anything to ipod format or just plain quicktime format if someone would rip Gimme Shelter for me.
Speaking of Traffic, I found the Criterion at Tower the other day after not finding it anywhere.
I can rip anything from that, including the movie.
south america's my name.