Bret Easton Ellis

Started by children with angels, June 17, 2003, 08:59:29 AM

wilder

I agree with most of the above but I'll bite at Jeremy Blackman's ©brad's comment: I don't think Ellis is homophobic so much as he despises gay stereotypes and what has come to be accepted as "gay culture", applied blanketly to most everyone who self-identifies. I'm not going to pretend I completely don't know what you're talking about, because I've definitely seen it here and there, but the majority of the time I think he's calling a spade a spade when a lot of other people are pandering to self-pity bullshit or are equating underdogs with angels. Ellis is big on self-hatred, for sure, but I don't think his being gay has very much to do with it.

Pwaybloe

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pozer

Quote from: ©brad on November 07, 2011, 10:18:33 AM
His insights are surprisingly trite as are most of his tweets,especially the one's about his live-in boyfriend who he shamelessly refers to as "the 25 year old." The more he tweets the less I like his books.

or perhaps you meant the tweet in general.

or perhaps the dude holding the clapperboard up there is the 25-year old.

or perhaps i'm so gay too.

Pubrick

OK that makes more sense in this thread now.

I still don't get why I should care what this idiot does with his penis.

It's weird that people have a sudden interest in him again, that canyons show can go to hell too. There's nothing he can do that gaspar noe hasn't already achieved with his odes to human scum.
under the paving stones.

Reel

Quote from: wilderesque on July 18, 2012, 09:47:03 PM
I agree with most of the above but I'll bite at Jeremy Blackman's comment: I don't think Ellis is homophobic so much as he despises gay stereotypes and what has come to be accepted as "gay culture", applied blanketly to most everyone who self-identifies.

I don't think JB has even posted in this thread. What comment are you talking about?

Quote from: Pubrick on July 22, 2012, 08:25:01 AM
I still don't get why I should care what this idiot does with his penis.

You shouldn't. And if any of us do, the terrorists win.

wilder

The comment is gone never existed, it doesn't matter it ain't no big thing.

Jeremy Blackman

You might have been referencing this post from ©brad. I haven't posted here until now.

Reel

Quote from: wilderesque on July 22, 2012, 12:49:30 PM
it ain't no big thing.

you mistook Cbrad for JB? HUGE mistake dude. You're gonna pay for this one..

Jeremy Blackman

We are considering administrative action. We'll let you know when we've come to a decision.

polkablues

We apologize for the confusion of admins for one another.  Those responsible have been sacked.
My house, my rules, my coffee

wilder

Ha sorry JB, my mistake.

Pwaybloe

Guys, sorry for posting the joke.  I thought at least those involved in the conversation would have got a laugh.  Definitely no insults and/or confusion intended.

Reel

It really makes me question someone's character to repeat such an insensitive joke as that. I had been growing out a full beard for three years and had to shave it all off after I read that tweet due to my extreme homophobia.

alright, this thread has endured enough of my sarcasm.

ElPandaRoyal

I always had the feeling Ellis wanted to sell a persona through every public appearance and twit and whatever he does. Like extending parts of his character's personalities (mostly from Lunar Park) to the real world. Either that or he's a douche, but who cares. He's still a talented fucker.
Si