Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Drenk

Lana Del Rey basically made one of those "Creep, but very slow" covers but with different lyrics.

Ascension.

N

Funny how they're suing her despite being sued themselves for stealing that same melody from the hollies.

Drenk

Quote from: N on January 09, 2018, 05:09:34 AM
Funny how they're suing her despite being sued themselves for stealing that same melody from the hollies.

Yeah, I wonder who decided to make a PR disaster out of this. But I didn't know before this that The Hollies became the co-authors of Creep.
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

That's actually much closer than I expected. Identical chord progression and melody, except for the chorus.

Drenk

"While Radiohead has not commented directly, Variety received a statement from the band's publisher, Warner/Chappell Music.

"As Radiohead's music publisher, it's true that we've been in discussions since August of last year with Lana Del Rey's representatives," the statement reads. "It's clear that the verses of 'Get Free' use musical elements found in the verses of 'Creep' and we've requested that this be acknowledged in favor of all writers of Creep.'

"To set the record straight," the statement continues, "no lawsuit has been issued and Radiohead have not said they 'will only accept 100 %' of the publishing of 'Get Free'."

A rep for Del Rey did not immediately respond to Variety's request for comment."

Ascension.

Robyn

polkablues

This is equal parts hilarious, horrifying, and genuinely impressive:

My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Ascension.