Keira Knightley - a cheaper version of Natalie Portman

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, July 17, 2003, 12:02:48 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: Chest RockwellMan these Celexploitation websites are lame. First they have the nerve to show dumb nude pics of hot celebrities. Then they dont even let me see it without a credit card or some shit. What the fuck.

your troubles are over....

www.celebrityscandal.com
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Knightley in 'Domino' role for Scott, NL
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Keira Knightley will star in "Domino," an action thriller that Tony Scott will direct for New Line Cinema from a Richard Kelly script. Scott will also produce the movie via his Scott Free Prods. with Samuel Hadida, who is financing through his France-based Davis Films.

The real-life story centers on Domino Harvey, the daughter of actor Laurence Harvey, who starred in the original version of "The Manchurian Candidate." Domino Harvey ditched a career as a Ford model to become a bounty hunter. The project has long been gestating at Scott Free, but it heated up when Scott took to Kelly's script, which incorporates flashbacks, flash-forwards, and characters from "Beverly Hills, 90210."

New Line will distribute the film in North America. Hadida's Metropolitan Filmexport distribution company will release the film in France, while Summit Entertainment and Davis Films are handling other foreign sales.

Principal photography is scheduled to begin next month, with a 2005 release planned. The film will shoot in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

New Line production president Toby Emmerich is overseeing for the studio.

"Domino" reunites Scott and Hadida, who first collaborated on the 1993 thriller "True Romance." The two also worked together on 2001's "Spy Game," which was produced in association with Metropolitan Filmexport.

Scott, who recently helmed "Man on Fire," is repped by CAA. The agency brokered the deal with Hadida as well as New Line.

Knightley, who starred in "The Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," is onscreen in "King Arthur." She is shooting "Pride and Prejudice" and will next be seen in "The Jacket."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Dimension Home Video has at last announced plans to release scary flick The Hole this October. The film, which stars Thora Birch and Keira Knightley, will be available to own from the 19th October this year. Retail will be set at around $19.99. The film will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 track. Extras will include an audio commentary with the director, deleted scenes, cast and crew bios, an image gallery and the films theatrical trailer.

Artwork here.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Once word gets out that Keira is topless in this movie, sales/rentals will go through the roof.

Thrindle

I'd rather see Thora Birch topless... at least she has breasts.
Classic.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: ThrindleI'd rather see Thora Birch topless... at least she has breasts.
Been there, done that....
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

context, context, context.

SHAFTR

I met Natalie Portman today.  She was in Madison for a John Kerry get out the vote event.  She signed my Kerry/Edwards sign.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

cine

Did you mention Garden State or ask her to come to your house?

SHAFTR

Quote from: CinephileDid you mention Garden State or ask her to come to your house?

I wanted to.  You could get your picture taken with her, but neither my friend nor I had a camera with me.  He handed me his phone and told me to act like it was a camera phone and take a picture of them two posing.  It was funny & creepy.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ddbright

She's simply gorgeous...did you see her in "Love Actually"?  Can't really visualize Natalie Portman in that role, quite honestly...

MacGuffin

Quote from: ddbrightShe's simply gorgeous...did you see her in "Love Actually"?  Can't really visualize Natalie Portman in that role, quite honestly...

And I can't picture the beanpole in Closer.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Thrindle

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: ddbrightShe's simply gorgeous...did you see her in "Love Actually"?  Can't really visualize Natalie Portman in that role, quite honestly...

And I can't picture the beanpole in Closer.
Love you Mac.   :bravo:
Classic.