Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on May 10, 2019, 10:38:47 PM
But I especially remember how long it was between There Will Be Blood and The Master.
It was so worth the wait though!!!!!

Lottery

I guess we do have it pretty good now, don't we? Potentially four features, a documentary and multiple music videos in a 10 year span from 2012.

Alethia

And generally more engaged press tours too!

kingfan011

I wonder if it was specifically reliant on Leo coming on board and now that he passed to go Del Toro's film if it got pushed back for a long time.

wilberfan

Quote from: eward on May 11, 2019, 06:58:44 AM

Yeah, I could NOT believe how much press he did.  I saw Phantom Thread 4 times in 5 months--and he was at THREE of them...

trytotell

Quote from: kingfan011 on May 11, 2019, 04:29:05 PM
I wonder if it was specifically reliant on Leo coming on board and now that he passed to go Del Toro's film if it got pushed back for a long time.

I hope not.

Quote from: wilberfan on May 11, 2019, 07:36:07 PM

Yeah, I could NOT believe how much press he did.  I saw Phantom Thread 4 times in 5 months--and he was at THREE of them...

Dare I say i think that played a little part in clinching him that director nomination? He didn't campaign, but he did a lot of press and was charming as hell. I think "they" noticed and appreciated it. Breaking out of his "enigma" reputation (which I never understood). Of course, he was forced into being the face of the film, so I'm not sure it'll be this good in the future.

I hope he assembles a cast that promotes the hell out of the film. Would be a nice change of pace from the awkward press-shy actors he always casts.

Tdog

I'm hoping he'll end up on more podcasts next time! Hearing PTA rambling for 3 hours on Joe Rogan would be great.

Alethia

That, BEE's podcast, and a return to WTF would be fun!

Drenk

BEE: So? Where's all the cocaine in your movies now? I miss it. I used to be able to sniff through the screen.
Ascension.

Alethia

haha well given his love of Phantom Thread I suspect Brett's mostly a wine and asparagus man these days (perhaps mushroom omelettes on occasion).

kingfan011

Quote from: trytotell on May 11, 2019, 08:37:54 PM
Quote from: kingfan011 on May 11, 2019, 04:29:05 PM

I hope not.

Dare I say i think that played a little part in clinching him that director nomination? He didn't campaign, but he did a lot of press and was charming as hell. I think "they" noticed and appreciated it. Breaking out of his "enigma" reputation (which I never understood). Of course, he was forced into being the face of the film, so I'm not sure it'll be this good in the future.

I hope he assembles a cast that promotes the hell out of the film. Would be a nice change of pace from the awkward press-shy actors he always casts.

That's very true. He's generally been getting more open with the press but Phantom Thread was the first time it seemed he was playing the selling publicity game full bore. It was surprising but I loved it.

Tdog

Quote from: Drenk on May 12, 2019, 08:55:19 AM
BEE: So? Where's all the cocaine in your movies now? I miss it. I used to be able to sniff through the screen.

BEE: Uuuuuuuuh I didn't like Inherant Viiiiize"

Tdog

So when is this casting/movie getting announced?

kingfan011

Quote from: Tdog on May 15, 2019, 11:41:22 AM
So when is this casting/movie getting announced?

Where is the person who broke the casting rumors. Come back.

Tdog

Quote from: jacques100 on May 19, 2019, 03:47:42 PM
This is the last quote we got from PTA on the script, right?
https://filmschoolrejects.com/paul-thomas-anderson-working-to-conquer-a-600-page-screenplay/

Yeah but the whole 600 page thing was generally considered to be hyperbole that the movie outlets all decided to run with.