Naomi Watts

Started by Xixax, January 09, 2003, 10:08:54 AM

Fernando

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet
Quote from: FernandoNaomi Watts will be in the actor's studio, it will air december 28th.

Thats insane. She's had, what, 4 profile roles in her career and only 2 were actually good?

I thought the same, even though she is amazing and has a wonderful film career ahead, it's still too soon. Now considering the past line ups her roll in Mulholland Dr. alone guaranties a good interview.

Past guests: Affleck, Benicio, Ethan Hawk, Mike Myers, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Will Smith. These examples are either untimely or really really undeserved.

godardian

In the Interview that just hit the stands:

-A lengthy interview with Ms. Watts.

-Four or five full-page, fantastic photos.

-A really excellent, decadent, caviar-smearing cover photo.

...note they also use the word "pop" correctly.  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

i got this a few weeks ago (cause i subscribe).  pretty interesting article/interview. i love this magazine.  the pictures of her with caviar on her face are pretty crazy. (also, crazy pretty.)
also in issue: neat little interview with Ryan Adams and his mrs. Parker Posey.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianI saw Naomi Watts today, who is among my own select group of celebrity team-switch inspirations. She's physically very relaxed and confident and charming- not to mention beautiful- which seem like such erotic qualities to me.

My God, she looked amazing. Very sparkly...like a holiday. I wanna seek out "Ellie Parker" now 'cause it looked like a fascinating project. I think she's doing a fine job so far of wisely picking her projects and directors to work with. I hope she stays on that path.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Watts on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly w/ Charlize Theron and Jennifer Connelly as best actress Oscar contenders, with triple interview inside. Haven't yet seen House of Sand and Fog or Monster, but am rooting for Watts anyway.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianWatts on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly w/ Charlize Theron and Jennifer Connelly as best actress Oscar contenders, with triple interview inside. Haven't yet seen House of Sand and Fog or Monster, but am rooting for Watts anyway.
u know, she's not a man.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: P
Quote from: godardianWatts on the cover of the new Entertainment Weekly w/ Charlize Theron and Jennifer Connelly as best actress Oscar contenders, with triple interview inside. Haven't yet seen House of Sand and Fog or Monster, but am rooting for Watts anyway.
u know, she's not a man.

No, but she's one of my exception-people. Let's just say that Mulholland Dr., in addition to being my favorite film of 2001, also inspired more than a brief contemplation of what it would be like to be the filling in a Naomi Watts/Justin Theroux sandwich.

bonanzataz

i've decided that a day without naomi is not a day worth living. so i taped a picture of her to my computer monitor. now she stares at me. smiling. always smiling. oh naomi. wherefore art thou?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pookiethecat

naomi was so fucking great in mulholland drive... i can't believe she started crying cuz of the nude scenes...though i think those scenes must have been damned hard to film, especially towards the ones toward the end, because there was such a violent hostile element to them...

her peformance in children of the corn was riveting, by the way.  i actually watched the entire thing just cuz her performance was that good.  rent it, defintely.
i wanna lick 'em.

bonanzataz

see, this is what i don't get. if she cried b/c she didn't want to do a nude scene, how come she goes and does that sex scene in 21 grams with her nipplies getting sucked on and everything? it doesn't add up...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

In EW, she says she had trouble doing that scene and got in a fight with the director when he wanted her to do a post-coital scene without her top on.

pookiethecat

nipples being sucked? whoaaaaa
i wanna lick 'em.

Pubrick

ok that's it where's this damn article.
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: taz.see, this is what i don't get. if she cried b/c she didn't want to do a nude scene, how come she goes and does that sex scene in 21 grams with her nipplies getting sucked on and everything? it doesn't add up...

She was actually crying during the masturbation scene, which wasn't technically even nude, but much, much more invasive. Lynch didn't want her to cry; she couldn't help it. It worked anyway. Contrast how intrusive this is in comparison with PTA's camera coyly moving far away from Barry Egan as he begins to masturbate. Much different and much tougher to do in front of a crew than a love scene where at least there's someone else as vulnerable (more or less) as you are, doing something people are much more used to seeing.

pookiethecat

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: taz.see, this is what i don't get. if she cried b/c she didn't want to do a nude scene, how come she goes and does that sex scene in 21 grams with her nipplies getting sucked on and everything? it doesn't add up...

She was actually crying during the masturbation scene, which wasn't technically even nude, but much, much more invasive. Lynch didn't want her to cry; she couldn't help it. It worked anyway. Contrast how intrusive this is in comparison with PTA's camera coyly moving far away from Barry Egan as he begins to masturbate. Much different and much tougher to do in front of a crew than a love scene where at least there's someone else as vulnerable (more or less) as you are, doing something people are much more used to seeing.

the emotional bareness of all the scenes of sexaulity in mulholland drive was stunning.  the vulnerability in that scene was notable because it had a violent, disturbing context.  but the other scenes were just as remarkable and affecting to me.
i wanna lick 'em.