TooL/A PERFECT CIRCLE

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 25, 2003, 10:17:49 PM

Sleuth

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi actually rank them in order of release opiate, undertow, aenima, and lateralus....

the band just get s better as they go along really!,. EVOLVE INTO A GREATER FORM OF MUSIC.(everything from music, lyrics, to singing , gets deeper ans more layered.)....it's odd b/c usually most bands are opposite....examples (just a few)

:yabbse-thumbup:
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Nah... they follow the formula of a lot of other Great bands out there.

Example

TOOL:
Opiate -   **
Undertow - ***
Aenima -   *****
Lateralus - ****

Nine Inch Nails
Pretty Hate Machine: ***
Broken - ****
Downward Spiral - *****
Fragile - ***

Bands often hit a peak and then it's not that the next album isn't great, it's just that they have no way of doing better than their best.
I think Radiohead may have hit this Peak with Kid A as well, but it's hard to tell this soon.

Sleuth

I disagree with so much of that post

Here's something official to ease Neon's mind

"Maynard will be going back to work with Tool next summer, but we have him until then."
-Billy Howerdel
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Are you one of the blind few that think that Fragile is better than Downward Spiral because you're dead wrong there, my friend, dead wrong.

I can see why people think that Lateralus is better than Aenima (they're just wrong)... but NIN peaked with DS, no question about it... I mean it's the best... I mean it's the most.. I mean... ahhhh forget it!

phil marlowe

i haven' heard fragile but i out of the others is downward spiral definatly my favorite, it's a classic.

and yeah, kid a is the best radiohead.

but, LATERALUS IS BETTER THAN ÆNIMA GET IT SHITHEAD

by a little that is.

Sleuth

I'd go as far as to say the Fragile is one of my top albums EVER except for the song The Big Come Down (I think that's the name).  I hate that song.
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

and I wouldn't have to go very far to say that Downward Spiral is one of the best albums ever...

The main problem with Fragile is (other than having some of the same problems as Lateralus) that it could have been half the album it is and therefore twice as good.  It could have been one disc of great songs instead of two discs containing great songs, good songs, okay songs, and shit songs.

and while it's still great, it's less personal... not the lyrics, the music... Downward Spiral was one man going out in the middle of the night to record bees... playing movies in the other room just to see if any great sounds jumped out at him... blowing through different brands of different broken straws to get the perfect noises...

Fragile is a bunch of guys locked in different rooms emailing eachother cool keyboard/guitar riffs... which is cool and a great album, but just not the same... and not as warm.

Pubrick

wow, ur all so old.

and by old i mean unable to love new things.
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Pwow, ur all so old.

and by old i mean unable to love new things.

aw man, that hurts...

I keep up with the times, I just have some old favs.

Gamblour.

I started listening to Tool on Lateralus first, which I fucking loved. When I heard Aenima, I knew it was darker, but god it really is so much better. It's so much more of a kick in the ass. And with a title as great as Hooker with a Penis, you can't beat it.

Mar de Noms, that album is so good, APC's sound is incredibly unique, it really revitalizes rock with a new mood and organization. APC is great.
WWPTAD?

coffeebeetle

Quote from: phil marlowei haven' heard fragile but i out of the others is downward spiral definatly my favorite, it's a classic.

and yeah, kid a is the best radiohead.

but, LATERALUS IS BETTER THAN ÆNIMA GET IT SHITHEAD

by a little that is.

Eh, OK Computer is my fave.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

samuelclemens

Quote from: RegularKarateNah... they follow the formula of a lot of other Great bands out there.

Example

TOOL:
Opiate -   **
Undertow - ***
Aenima -   *****
Lateralus - ****

Undertow is their best album.
Stupid babies need the most attention!

freakerdude

Mine in order of favs.

1) Aenima
2) Undertow
3) Lateralus
MC Pee Pants

NEON MERCURY

....the new APC (which has been in heavy rotation) is rock solid......
thier like gamblor..emntion is  fresh soemthing  cool......

i can't get the song otu of my head that goes .."medicated...drama queen"
(forgot title).....
theres apart in that song where he lets out a huge scream which keeops going as the music stops ..(really efffective)...seriously i  don't know if most people buy suggested ideas from here but... it s agreat buy if  afan  ofd tool, APC, or to hear an incredible vocal talent......

Sleuth

Yeah, I like that song too (the outsider I think is the name) especially when Maynard says "over this...OVER THIIIIIS?!
I like to hug dogs