official Fiona Apple thread

Started by neatahwanta, November 29, 2003, 05:24:09 PM

matt35mm

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: GhostboyI didn't notice any awkward lyrics or metaphors, but that's probably because I was so bowled over by the construction of that song.
Quote from: Pubricknot awkward at all, jb is trippin.
"I certainly haven't been shoppin' for any new shoes
And I certainly haven't been spreadin' myself around."

Maybe it's just me, but these are nails-on-the-chalkboard lyrics. And I don't like how she says "extraordinary" like there aren't any Rs in it.

Thrindle

I'm a huge Fiona fan, but I must say, I prefer her darker stuff (huh, isn't that all of it?).  But I'm listening to this song for the second time and it's growing on me.  It has a little bit of an old musical feel to it.  She's so fucking talented.  Ok I'm listening and changing my mind completely.  I can feel this song.  "I am the baby of the family it happens... so"

Ok, it's good.
Classic.

sickfins

a better version of .......

a rough mix, remember.

ruff ruff

modage

i didnt care for the song EXTRAODINARY MACHINE at all.  and IF that is representative of the album, than i cant say i dont see how it was shelved by the record company.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Quote from: sickfinsa better version of .......

Very very nice. Calls to mind that quote of hers that compared the album to a cross between Outkast and Tom Waits.

As long as tracks keep getting leaked, I guess I can wait for the album...

Pedro

Quote from: Ghostboy

Very very nice. Calls to mind that quote of hers that compared the album to a cross between Outkast and Tom Waits.

check out the Id3v2 tag on winamp or something.  there are some nice production notes.

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca
Quote from: Ghostboy

check out the Id3v2 tag on winamp or something.  there are some nice production notes.

I noticed the hex-like code in the comments as well.. What program when exporting puts that in there?

" 000005EE 000003CD 00004311 00004636 0001A468 0001BF72 00008B81 0000847B 0001A7C6 00015982"
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Ghostboy

The new EW has an interview with Jon Brion, in which a Sony rep mentions that the album will be out in February.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyThe new EW has an interview with Jon Brion, in which a Sony rep mentions that the album will be out in February.
i've heard that before.  :roll:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ghostboy

Someone's started an ambitious campaign to get the new album released.

I hope she pulls an Aimee Mann for subsequent efforts and kicks the record label to the curb.

Stefen

Aint gonna happen. Not until they bring in Renny Harlin to clean up that album.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

As Bigperm posted in the Free Fiona thread, there are some additional leaked tracks available here (along with the ones previously discussed):

http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/nadjadee/index201.html

Of the three new tracks, Not About Love is by far the best - right up there with the amazing-ness of Extraordinary Machine and Better Version Of Me.

modage

tracks have been taken down.  i wonder if/where the rest will leak.

modage

its all here, get it quick!

http://www.nooooforums.com/whatever/
http://bleedingisbelieving.com/fiona.html
http://www.geekdreams.com/mp3/fiona_apple/

Official Track Listing
01 Not About Love
02 Red Red Red
03 Get Him Back
04 Better Version Of Me
05 Oh Well
06 Oh Sailor
07 Used To Love Him
08 Window
09 Waltz
10 Extraordinary Machine
11 Please Please Please