Bon Voyage

Started by Duck Sauce, March 25, 2004, 06:37:09 PM

Duck Sauce

Things have changed; I've drifted from interests and its time for me to move on. For all those who are new and don't remember me or for those who simply don't care, you might click the "X" box in the upper right hand corner now (or red button for you hippies with Macs)  I wont be too sentimental, but Id just like to thank most of you for the good times I had here. I joined C&C on July 4, 2002, and although I faced a lot of resistance I loved the experience and learned a lot about film and saw a ton of movies I loved that I would have never seen without the C&C board. I was disappointed when it shut down, but luckily this board was started. This is one of the best, most closely-knit message boards I've ever seen, but I am burnt out and not as interested in film as I used to be, so like many relationships its time for this one to come to an end. It's just not the same anymore.

Nothing personal, I'm just not passionate about this anymore and have other shit to do. So thanks everybody, take care and good luck with your futures and hope I can see some of your movies someday (with references to Xixax in them). I've created one of those personal goodbye lists and if you aren't on it, it's probably because I didn't like you. So Duck Sauce will ride off into the sunset and I'm sure you all will pick apart this message and make fun of it, but of course its Xixax and it shouldn't be any other way.

Xixax – Thanks for setting up this place and for not getting involved in all the fights.

MacGuffin – When I think Xixax, I think MacGuffin. If you are human, thanks for all the redirects, links and information you posted.

Film Student – Not really a member here, and not that I ever really communicated with you but when I showed up at the C&C Boards I saw you, Mogwai, Regular Karate, Sphinx, MacGuffin and Pubrick as the main parts of the board.

Regular Karate – See above.

Mogwai – See Regular Karate

Sphinx – Site finally died to me when you left, just didn't seem like the same bunch that I grew to love after you left.

Pubrick – Never did like you, but sometimes you were on.

Ajclockworkjj – Thanks for being genuine and interesting.

Jeremy Blackman – I most enjoyed our political arguments even though you are a fucking communist. Hopefully over time you will mellow out a bit, but I respect your views and ability to argue them very much (just keep the censorship down). Xixax's resident right winger is moving out.

Cecil B. Demented – Get out more.

The Golden Trumpet – I liked it best when you were just pure movie reviews.

Budgie – Added the perfect mystery to the site.

Newtron – Often wondered if you were Pubrick, or related to Pubrick because you also seemed to pick on me. Looking back, some of them were very funny.

Cbrad – Got into a fight with you over technicalities in my review of About Schmidt. I like you though.

Greg – Thanks for starting C&C, and exposing me to film.

Ebeaman – Sorry I picked on you. You are good people. Please accept my apologies as I grew to really like you.

Godardian – You are the most passionate mother fucker about ever topic discussed. But that's a good thing.

SoNowThen – Fight the fight. I respected your opinion and you were a good guy.

Sexterrosa – I know you know. Take care.

Goodbye,

Duck Sauce

PS

I am PTA

kotte

This is sad. I hate when regulars leave...

It's a nice thing though...writing a goodbye-letter instead of just not logging on again...

Sleuth

Quote from: kotteIt's a nice thing though...writing a goodbye-letter instead of just not logging on...

I feel the opposite, and no, I'm not mad that I wasn't mentioned (somebody put a cap of the Naomi Watts look of bitter jealousy here)
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

This is very mysterious. It's like a superhero dying. With all the mysterious things left behind. Post count of 1999. Location History, not to mention the PS.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alethia

Quote from: Slomb
Quote from: kotteIt's a nice thing though...writing a goodbye-letter instead of just not logging on...

I feel the opposite, and no, I'm not mad that I wasn't mentioned (somebody put a cap of the Naomi Watts look of bitter jealousy here)

i wasn't mentioned either, don't feel bad.  but goodbye ducksauce, i always enjoyed ur posts.

Lambdacism

duck: sauce;
i never knew you: but i love you now
and your secrets are feathers; in my: mouth
because your memories hide in; only; your avian nest
and i knew you never: but i know you how:
duck: sauce;
your eyes are: small; and persuade an angry man to poke at them;
duck; sauce: a sprinkle of: soybean oil: on the wind;
your claws scrape: their tender scalps;
duck; sauce:
a small: green: child: in an egg; has which but the capabilities of: not cracking;
that not cracking; is has and will been; and will be now, clearly: a virtue

SoNowThen

Duck,

Cheers, mate. Stop by from time to time and check in on us, at the least.

Much luck in all future endeavors. You were the only poster I could count on to bring reason to the President thread. I'll miss you.

snt
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Duck SauceJeremy Blackman – I most enjoyed our political arguments even though you are a fucking communist. Hopefully over time you will mellow out a bit, but I respect your views and ability to argue them very much (just keep the censorship down). Xixax's resident right winger is moving out.
:waving:

RegularKarate

Fuck... and I was gonna stache you.

Duck, even though you seem to think I'm not a member, I think you were a very large part of this site.  Sad to see you go, man.

SoNowThen is on his own with his crazy nazi views.

Banky

NEON MERCURY

.duck sause i FUCKING hate your ass.....you didn't mention me.....

(and i don't normaly cuss).........
You know i'm just playing  .....dude i hate to see you run ..i'll miss the college footbal thread we started..and the opinions of a fellow conservative......
and i hope for the best for you.....

take it easy..............................................................................................

Pubrick

i got three shout outs.  :yabbse-smiley:

even tho u were a jerk to begin with, u stuck around and developed one of the most consistent genuine characters (PMs notwithstanding). i'm sure if newtron, sphinx, and cecil were around they'd agree.

farewell, and good money.
under the paving stones.

Julius Orange

I thought you'd remember me. I guess you were wrong.

Thanks.
email your opinnumber to NEW EMAIL juliusorange@gmail.com

matt35mm

1999 posts... dang, one more and it'd be at the 2000 mark.

Yes, I can count.

Bye, Duck Sauce!