It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Started by Weird. Oh, July 24, 2006, 01:45:08 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pas on September 11, 2010, 02:35:01 PM
That show is the absolute best. Watch it and I'll watch that peep show thing

How is this a bargain to you? I'm pretty sure most regulars here actively watch or have watched both of these shows.

Do yourself a favor and watch that Peep Show thing.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

haha, I love how Pas is bartering his viewings. That's a new one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

I'll trade you guys one season of Breaking Bad for a season of Shameless.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ono

Don't waste your time on Peep Show, Pas.  It's really quite terrible.  Looking forward to the new eps of IAS, if only to see how many variations on depravity as social commentary they can come up with.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

So this shit doesn't come on Hulu until a month after the fact.  I want to see this now.  Does anyone know a good place to stream it new now?

EDIT:  Ok, so that season premiere was kind of a meh.  Hopefully they pick it up... I feel like Season 5 was shaky at best, a few good episodes amid mostly bland episodes.  So far the first and fourth seasons were phenomenal, season two was really good, three was decent and now you know my opinion on these matters.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on September 18, 2010, 02:57:06 AM
So this shit doesn't come on Hulu until a month after the fact.  I want to see this now.  Does anyone know a good place to stream it new now?

EDIT:  Ok, so that season premiere was kind of a meh.  Hopefully they pick it up... I feel like Season 5 was shaky at best, a few good episodes amid mostly bland episodes.  So far the first and fourth seasons were phenomenal, season two was really good, three was decent and now you know my opinion on these matters.

meh, to me every ep is great. i've seen each one multiple times. only one i didn't really care for was The Liberty Bell ep and that's because it wasn't real. sending the gang back in time is just weird.

looking forward to what they do with Dee this season. i kinda read beyond the season premiere.

matt35mm

Every episode is great to me, too.  The quality ranges from amazing to super-awesometime-fuck-my-brains-out-amazing.  I'm just too in love with the world and energy of the characters to ever be less than amazed.  I think people were disappointed in this episode because it spent a lot of time setting up stories that are going to play out in future episodes (Dennis's marriage/Dee's vomiting), and also because of the heavier product placement, but that intoxicating crackling energy is still there and it gets me so giddy.

Stefen

I was kind of disappointed in the first episode too, but the thing about this show that is really different than other shows is that the cast really keeps you watching even if the episode is lacking because they're all so fucking good. Both alone and with eachother. They all know their roles and they play them to perfection and the chemistry they have together is just something else completely. when DeVito first showed up, I didn't feel he really fit in, but now it's like he's been there since day one.

Trying to pick a favorite character is like trying to pick a favorite Radiohead album. Almost impossible because it changes so often because they're all so great. I think the star of this last episode had to easily be Mac. I love when he gets passionate about something and will stop at NOTHING to see his plan through. Even if it means making a complete ass of himself. Actually, none of the cast is above making an ass of themselves if it means they can make an ass out of eachtoher. I love that.

Next to Jersey Shore, there isn't anything as easily watchable and rewatchable on TV right now.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

my favorite character is Charlie, without a doubt.
I liked the first episode, though, unlike a typical Sunny episode, it's not self-contained (seems to be setting up for some fun situations) and feels very very short.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pas

Charlie is something else. My fave too. I loved the premiere.

Thanks.

polkablues

Charlie is the greatest, but this episode belonged to Mac:

"I thought we established that there was going to be a phone call after the procedure, and then you have the procedure and I never get that call -- instead, you called this soft body, and you gay-married him! And now, you're calling me gay, telling me I'm tripping, and trying to confuse me with your liberal Biblicisms!"
My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

This last episode was really funny. Maybe one of the funniest episodes I can remember. The Juggalo/ICP fan that Charlie takes under his wing killed me. And then Lethal Weapon 5? Wow. Most tasteless thing ever, but I loved every second of it.

Pedro

yeah, these last two episodes have been excellent.  the way that the show has been addressing larger story arcs has brought a new dimension to what was becoming a very stale formula. 

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The first two episodes of Season 6 were really scaring me.  Season 5 was the first season to have outright disappointing episodes, before that, just some episodes I like less than others or skip over on the DVD's.  But after its slow start, Season 6 has really been growing into something really wonderful.

The Halloween episode really reminds me of IASIP's perfect wrong-but-spot-on sense of humor.