Original Star Wars Trilogy to be released on DVD

Started by Raikus, February 07, 2003, 03:29:25 PM

Ghostboy

Three or four years from now, a big 12 disc set will come out with good artwork, a new interview with George Lucas (perhaps Leonard Maltin will do the honors again), and maybe, just maybe, the non-special editions (although they might wait closer to ten years for that). So I'm just gonna hold my horses and not complain because Lucasfilm ain't listening.

Sleepless

Surely the DVD boxset everyone was expecting - and surely, the one they want - it the original trilogy as it was when the world first saw it. Not of these new versions Lucas keeps coming up with. All we want is the proper three movies the world fell in love with - tidy up the picture and sound for sure. And then add on as many true special features as possible. This should be commemorating the greatness of the original trilogy. Not changing it.

Ah, but what am I saying. This is Lucas. Was to be expected. The world wishes he'd spent more time trying to make Ep3 into a decent film, rather than ruining the few things he's responsible for which never needed to be retouched.

Quote from: hacksparrowLucas:Star Wars :: Michael Jackson:his face.

Sadly, the truest thing you've ever said.  :)
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

The French version is obviously widescreen then, and they've chopped off a bit from the bottom and the top to stick those stupid black bars there instead!!  :-D  :-D
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

NEON MERCURY

phucking killer ........exspecially the a new hope ......thats one of my favorite parts in the film.were young luke ponders his destiny against the backdrop of a sunset sky w/ a bonus second sun also or they could be both moons or two moons.but suffice to say they are two celestial bodies in the sky as the the score turns and burns loud and serene. and swells...i know this was a geeky thing to say....but i m a phucking loser........

tpfkabi

no, you're right. that is an amazing scene.

so who actually owns DVD boots of the laserdiscs or knows how to get them?
i'm really interested in seeing the original versions in widescreen.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Redlum

Yeah, that's the best scene in A New Hope.

...still won't be getting these though. Tape is just fine.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Just Withnail

Quote from: bigideasno, you're right. that is an amazing scene.

so who actually owns DVD boots of the laserdiscs or knows how to get them?
i'm really interested in seeing the original versions in widescreen.

There's a really nice package on ebay, that claims to have an hour-long documentary as well. The cover is made to look like an entry to the Fox Five Star Collection, and for a bootleg it actually looks attractive.

NEON MERCURY

phucking beautiful!!!! thanks  for the pics mog.............

and  i love your av also.........

wheres that R1 one dvd????................... :(

picolas

thanks for the glancatar.

i really hayde that Hayden thing. it doesn't make any sense! you can't be a teenage force-ghost unless you became one with it as a teen, right?! i mean.. you can't die and be good when you're dying and then Death turns around and goes "hmmmm... you deserve a force-ghost because you redeemed yourself and killed the Emporer and saved your son.. but y'know? you were really more one with the force when you were a teenager. i really should've just taken you earlier. sorry. fuck that whole thing. here's your old body."

and how the FUCK does Luke even know who that is?!?!!?! he can't. he's probably just smiling now because it's so awkward to all of a sudden see this new force ghost from out of nowhere.

mogwai

Quote from: NEON MERCURYand  i love your av also.........

wheres that R1 one dvd????................... :(
i found my avie here (great site btw). don't know anything about a new r1 dvd.
Quote from: picolasand how the FUCK does Luke even know who that is?!?!!?! he can't. he's probably just smiling now because it's so awkward to all of a sudden see this new force ghost from out of nowhere.
ask lucasiano that, but it's likely that he'll pull you down in the shit he has created. he can't change history now but he's going to fool the 3rd/4th generation of star wars fans. when people are going to see episode 3, some will revisit that scene. lame.

Myxo

I love this thread..

Nothing like xixax.com to have a thread called, "Original Star Wars Trilogy never to be released on DVD" and we're all talking about the upcoming release.

LOL

On a totally unrealted note, I watched Dune last night.

Boy that movie sure is a fuck up, eh Lynch?

He's recovered nicely though.

RegularKarate

the original WILL never be released... haven't you read the...?

fuck it

MacGuffin

He probably thinks the Special Edition versions released in 1997 were the Originals.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks