The 2006 Xixax Awards [Nominating]

Started by Jeremy Blackman, March 21, 2006, 01:30:31 PM

modage

polka, your campaign-a-tar is brilliant.  i wish i had thought of it.  :bravo:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on March 24, 2006, 04:53:05 PM
polka, your campaign-a-tar is brilliant.
tell me about it. i'm voting imbruglia for everything.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

I asked about Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession in the CAMPAIGN thread but got no answer; does it qualify in the doc category?

And Scarlett Johanssen in Match Point?  Leading or Supporting?

©brad

huh, i have yet to receive a single nomination from the G-K folk.

come on peeps! only a couple days left!

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ©brad on March 28, 2006, 02:23:40 PM
huh, i have yet to receive a single nomination from the G-K folk.

come on peeps! only a couple days left!

If you or anyone else can answer my post above yours, you'll get one tonight.

meatwad

so did anybody decide if amy adams will be leading or supporting actress?

polkablues

Quote from: meatwad on March 28, 2006, 04:42:40 PM
so did anybody decide if amy adams will be leading or supporting actress?

I put her down for leading.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

z qualifies as a doc.  scarlett is leading in match point.  amy adams is leading.  camilla belle is leading.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

everyone is leading unless they literally have no lines and aren't listed in the credits.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Quote from: Pubrick on March 29, 2006, 04:00:37 AM
everyone is leading unless they literally have no lines and aren't listed in the credits.

Or unless you're Randy Quaid.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Note: It's important that all nominations come in today or tomorrow. We'd like to get them counted as soon as we can. (Please no late ballots!)

JG

i think i'm sitting the nomination round out.

ono

That's stupid.  Why?  Why, if you had any interest whatsoever in the proceedings, would you abstain?

JG

i just haven't really gotten aroudn to it, not sure what i would even nominate if i did...eh, i'll probably do it before the night's over.  at least a couple of the main categories. 

modage

dont sit out.  its important that everyone participates.  even if you're only passionate about 2 categories, vote for those.  if you only saw 3 good films last year only nominate 3 films.  if you only saw 2 good performances only nominate those.  you dont have to fill up your whole card with 5 nominees for every category if you feel you haven't seen enough.  if you saw one good film last year, you should vote.