Your username

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 10:37:53 AM

Jack Sparrow

Why did you pick it and what the heck does it mean?

Mogwai: the furry creature in Gremlins or a noisy band from Scotland.

Although I'm not sure if the furry creature is called Mogwai before or after being exposed to daylight or water on it's back, whatever.

Your turn, shoot!

Mogwai

Jeremy Blackman

The child actor who played Stanley in Magnolia.

SoNowThen

...absolutely the best title card in a movie, EVER.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

originally: Pubrick = pubic + kubrick, simple addition.

now: P, it's cleaner..

and these days: _|P|_ is supposed to resemble the 2001 monolith, hence "deliberately buried".
under the paving stones.

©brad

mine's kinda lame. want to change it.

MacGuffin

Hitchcock: It might be a Scottish name, taken from a story about two men in a train. One man says, "What's that package up there in the baggage rack?" And the other answers, "Oh, that's a MacGuffin." The first one asks, "What's a MacGuffin?" "Well," the other man says, "it's an apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish Highlands." The first man says, "But there are no lions in the Scottish Highlands," and the other one answers, "Well then, that's no MacGuffin!" So you see that a MacGuffin is actually nothing at all.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Sigur Rós means Victory Rose in Icelandic. It's also the name of a famous Icelandic-band. It's also a girlname in Iceland. Jonsi's (the singer in Sigur Rós and my grandcousin  :wink: ) sister is named Victory Rose!

Cecil

i chose mine not because its my favorite movie (as some tend to believe) but because i think i resemble cecil in real life (well obviously im not a real lunatic who would die for film... or would i?)

after seeing the movie with my dad and my brother they said "holy shit, that crazy guys just like erik!" (being that my real name is erik. perhaps one day, my last name will be revealed)

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cecil b. dementederik!

I like that your name is spelled with a "K" and not a "C"..... :yabbse-thumbup:

Is this a picture of Stephen Dorrf and Jack Nicholsen or a picture of Cecil B. (Erik) and Jack Nicholsen?? :?

phil marlowe

erik, please do not tell me your last name isnt 'ragnar' or something.

Recce

Recce: a military term for scouting.
My real name's David.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

phil marlowe

my name's taken from raymond chandlers private eye caracter. my real name is jon though wich, like erik, is a good solid northern name.

Sigur Rós

My name is Thor like the God of Thunder!  :twisted: A good solid northern name too!  :-D

Raikus

Uh, Raikus doesn't mean anything. I made it up so I could stop putting fifty numbers on the end of all my usernames.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sigur Rós

Yo, Phil. What was your name on the C&C-board?  :?