Your username

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 10:37:53 AM

Ernie

Mine's just my first initial: "e" (of eric) with my last name: beaman. I know, I'm not that creative. I have no idea why I made it this, I don't even like my last name, I just couldn't wait to get on the site the first day and I didn't feel like thinking of a cool name...and I wanted everbody to recognize me from the old board of course. Anyway, I like "ebs" better...that is cool. I had never been called it before coming here.

This is a cool thread, who else wants to hear Motherfucker's explanation for his name?

I can't believe I have the same name as Cecil, lol. My spelling is better though.

Gold Trumpet

All anyone has to do to know what my name means is just read the brilliant book, "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. Actually, if a lot of people here knew what my name meant, they would prolly think it would be the opposite of what I represent here.

~rougerum

Xixax

I started out using my real-life name, but that seemed so stuffy. So I changed it to the name of the board, (the origin of which has been discussed ad nauseum).

But I have lots of other names...

Like the ones my wife calls me when she's mad that I still can't repeat in front of my parents.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

polkablues

Quote from: XixaxSo I changed it to the name of the board, (the origin of which has been discussed ad nauseum).

Could someone redirect me to a thread regarding this?  I managed to miss the whole ad nauseum.
My house, my rules, my coffee

sphinx

polkablues

Thanx, Sphinx!  I knew I could count on either you or MacGuffin for a good hard redirect.

Edit: Hmm... now I kind of wish I hadn't read that.  I always thought it was pronounced "zy-zax".
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

Quote from: polkabluesEdit: Hmm... now I kind of wish I hadn't read that.  I always thought it was pronounced "zy-zax".

more you'll wish you didn't read:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=763

phil marlowe

Quote from: ebeamanMine's just my first initial: "e" (of eric) with my last name: beaman. I know, I'm not that creative. I have no idea why I made it this, I don't even like my last name, I just couldn't wait to get on the site the first day and I didn't feel like thinking of a cool name...and I wanted everbody to recognize me from the old board of course.
your name is excelence. ive allways read it as 'eeeh, be a man!!! *69's*.' the 69 bit is really the icing on the cake. you should get it back

Ernie

Quote from: Phil Marlowe
Quote from: ebeamanMine's just my first initial: "e" (of eric) with my last name: beaman. I know, I'm not that creative. I have no idea why I made it this, I don't even like my last name, I just couldn't wait to get on the site the first day and I didn't feel like thinking of a cool name...and I wanted everbody to recognize me from the old board of course.
your name is excelence. ive allways read it as 'eeeh, be a man!!! *69's*.' the 69 bit is really the icing on the cake. you should get it back

Lol, thanks man. Maybe I will get it back someday...who knows.

sexterossa

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAll anyone has to do to know what my name means is just read the brilliant book, "Foucault's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco. Actually, if a lot of people here knew what my name meant, they would prolly think it would be the opposite of what I represent here.

~rougerum

what's it about?
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

Pubrick

Quote from: sexterossawhat's it about?
not again.
under the paving stones.

Sick Boy

I liked the movie and the name and felt that it fit, although in a slightly different way.

sexterossa

Quote from: P™
Quote from: sexterossawhat's it about?
not again.

i wanted his perspective. rather than some anonymous amazon reviewer. fair enough?
I dream of birds and sometimes they land and burst into flames. And I dream my teeth are rotting. And when I am awake, I dream of you.

BonBon85

Quote from: Duck SauceIll never tell what my name means, and if I did, it wouldnt be to everybody.

In a weak moment I actually watched the hidden short film by Brett Ratner (I think it was called Evil Luke Lee) on the Rush Hour dvd and he said one of the characters is called Duck Sauce. Am I on to something here?

Comte de Saint Germain

Foucault's Pendulum - A book originally optioned by Stanley Kubrick to film, is about three book editors bored with reading countless manuscripts of theories by every single fanatic on "how they see the world as it really is", decide to have some fun and rewrite history as if it was seen by a fanatic and the more they dig into the world of a fanatic, the more they begin to believe the theories. The great thing about the book (seeing it being made into a film is unbelievable) is that it goes so far into thought on different theories of the world and relating it to history that the results are amazing to read given the extensive knowledge of the author and his pure confidence in writing this novel.

BonBon, the girl in your new avatar is the creapiest person ever.

~rougerum
The garland of the trumpet was set afire, and then I saw the aperature of the dome open and a splendid arrow of fire shoot down through the tube of the trumpet and enter the lifeless body. The aperture then was closed again, and the trumpet, too, was put away.

-Johann Valentin Andreae, Die Chymische Hochzeit des Christian Rosencreutz, Strassburg, Zetzner, 1616, pp. 125-126