Your username

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 10:37:53 AM

Pedro

I saw something somewhere where some internet group's mascott was "Patsy the Wombat".  I thought Pedro was better.  It is of no relation to the band Pedro the Lion.  I've never even heard their music.

Victor

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: Lester
Lester as in Lester Burnham of American Beauty.

I created Lester in the shower

And what were you doing in the shower when you thought of this?

lets just say it was the high point of my day.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Dirk

Quote from: polkabluesI've been using this name for stuff for a long time.  I don't even remember the origin any more.

Didn't it have something to do with you starting a band and your dad mentioning a polka/blues combo? Damn this memory of mine.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

godardian

godardian.

adj. pertaining to one of the world's greatest creators of form-shattering, corrosive cinema

n. devotee of one of the world's greatest creators of form-shattering, corrosive cinema
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Alethia

e is my first initial, and ward is my last name, not very creative

Kev Hoffman

Well, that is my last name.  My first name really isn't Kevin, but that's what I have always been called through my life.  Other places I post I'm also known as Kev Hoffman.  The shortening of my "first" name has no real reason behind it.

sphinx

originally my name was going to be something quite different on the c&c boards, but i forgot my password for it and simply created another account under the name of sphinx, which i had had in the back of my head for as long as i could remember.  i actually like it a lot better now than the other name i was going to have chosen.  why was sphinx in my head? i don't know, perhaps you can get it out

Redlum

redlum, if looked at in a mirror spells mulder. Which is also kinda like redrum, murder. I just like the X files.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: _|P|_originally: Pubrick = pubic + kubrick, simple addition.

Isn't that division, though?

Holden Pike

In "Bloody" Sam Peckinpah's masterpiece The Wild Bunch (1969), William HOLDEN's character is PIKE Bishop.

"If they move, kill 'em..."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

picolas

people call me it in the "real world." combination of first and last names. kinda wish it was more creative, but i just happen to really like the sound of it...seems...nifty to me. though picolas outside of xixax has kind of worn off by now...now it's mostly "Porty" or "piccy."

BonBon85

Erik, what is your last name? I remember on the c&c board somebody said you had a page on imdb and I'm curious to take a look at it.

Cecil

Quote from: BonBon85Erik, what is your last name? I remember on the c&c board somebody said you had a page on imdb and I'm curious to take a look at it.

i dont have a page on the imdb. my uncle does http://us.imdb.com/Name?Grou,+Daniel

Tiff

short for tiffany. also used to describe a girly fight.

during an exam week at school, "picolas" just kept ringing repetitively in my head and i couldnt answer any of the questions on the pile of papers laghing at me. "p i c o l a s"... wtf does it mean anyway?
"Shut the fuck up!"

RegularKarate

Picolas... Picolas...
what first name???  Pic?  Pictor?  Pictionary?  
I always really liked that name.. thought it was a word that I just didn't understand... sounds musical... or fruity.

http://www.alphalas.com/products/lasers/picolas-lasers.htm
http://www.radioguide.ca/Description.asp?id=195