Your username

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 12, 2003, 10:37:53 AM

xerxes

xerxes was a persian prince... but i just like how it sounds

dufresne

yeah, dufresne as in Andy Dufresne (the one who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side...)
There are shadows in life, baby.

RegularKarate

Regular Karate... as most of you will probably remember is a reference to Hard Eight.

John: I will fuck you up if you fuck with me, ok? I know three kinds of Karate: Jujitsu, Aikido, and regular Karate.

I'm the third kind of karate... the regular kind.

Victor

Lester as in Dr. Lester of Being John Malkovich.
Lester as in Lester Bangs of Almost Famous.
Lester as in Lester Burnham of American Beauty.

I created Lester in the shower after my alter ego (who shall remain nameless) was killed in a tragic "accident" as a result of the end of C&C.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ghostboy

Ghostboy is the name of one of my first short films, and also my e-mail address.

SoNowThen

Quote from: RegularKarateRegular Karate... as most of you will probably remember is a reference to Hard Eight.

John: I will fuck you up if you fuck with me, ok? I know three kinds of Karate: Jujitsu, Aikido, and regular Karate.

I'm the third kind of karate... the regular kind.

BTW, this is my favorite nickname on the board. I didn't get it forever, I always scratched my head, then a couple weeks ago I was thinking of Reilly, and I started howling. Kudos.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

children with angels

Magnolia
Donnie: "No: it is NOT dangerous to confuse children with angels..."

One of my favourite lines from a movie ever. Just... beautiful. Used in some art pieces... Sampled it for one of my band's songs, looped it... Result: most satisfying kick-in ever...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sigur Rós

Quote from: RegularKarateRegular Karate

I'm really a big fan of your name. It has been a true source of inspiration!

Cecil

Quote from: Phil Marloweerik, please do not tell me your last name isnt 'ragnar' or something.

my last name is not "ragnar"

whos erik ragnar?

phil marlowe

erik ragnar is the captain of the idle merchenaries 'ragnars wolves' from the long lost and deserted continent of 'norska'(sp?).

havent anybody played the excelent computer game 'warhammer: dark omen'?

Pozer

poser....yeah...well

(kelvin)

Chris (or Kris) Kelvin is the name of the main character in Tarkovsky's great film Solaris. He's one of those who are in constant search for something, haunted by memories, driven by an impulse to find answers, lost happiness and ephemeral beauty. Well, that's my personal interpretation. Nevertheless, I have always been fascinated by the film and the character.

In real life (if there is such a thing...), my name is Frédéric

polkablues

I've been using this name for stuff for a long time.  I don't even remember the origin any more.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

Quote from: polkabluesI've been using this name for stuff for a long time.  I don't even remember the origin any more.

it has a nice ring to it

RegularKarate

Quote from: Lester
Lester as in Lester Burnham of American Beauty.

I created Lester in the shower

And what were you doing in the shower when you thought of this?