Root Beer? (short skit)

Started by killafilm, August 18, 2005, 08:26:54 PM

killafilm

My friend and I are trying to come up with short SNL/KidsInTheHall/Stella/ect... stye skits for his website.  I wrote this pretty fast, so it's a little sloppy, just wondering if anyone else finds it funny.

INT. APARTMENT - DAY

A lanky man sits at a computer surfing the net, this is Colby.  He is wearing big headphones and bobbing his head.  He is struck in the back by a flying root beer bottle.  He turns around to find a short 22 year old on the other side of the room.  He is Andrew.

ANDREW
We should beach it.

COLBY
Where you thinking?

ANDREW
Wherever man.

INT. CAR - DAY

Colby is driving a VW Golf along the 55 towards Newport Beach.  Andrew sits shotgun staring out the window.

ANDREW
Does our place smell like root beer to you?

Colby looks to Andrew.  He quickly looks away towards the road.

COLBY
What are you talkin about man? No, our place doesn't smell like root  beer.

ANDREW
I don't know man, every morning I wake up and it smells like root beer.

COLBY
Well if you're saying that I'm purposely making our place smell like root beer, well that, that's ridiculous.      

ANDREW
What?

COLBY
Fuck you man, like you're so perfect.  Can't a man just sniff a root beer can every once in awhile.  In peace.

ANDREW
I have no clue what you're talkin about.

COLBY
I see your game.  You're sick man.  

ANDREW
Umm...

COLBY
And I'm not going to stand for it.  In fact open the glove box.  

Andrew opens the glove box and finds it full of root beer cans.

COLBY (CONT'D)
Oh yeah.  Come to papa.

Andrew just stares at Colby.

COLBY (CONT'D)
Feed me the juice man, just feed me the juice.

Andrew hands Colby one of the root beer cans.  Colby promptly opens it and plants the lid to his nose.  He inhales through his nose as if it's a line off of Jessica Albas' ass.

Andrew slides further away from Colby in his seat.  Staring in shock.

COLBY (CONT'D)
Oh yeah.  Nobody can keep us separated.  

ANDREW
Yo man, you are freaking me the fuck out.

COLBY
Just embrace the root man, embrace the root.

EXT. BEACH PARKING LOT - DAY

They pull into a parking lot.  Colby parks the car.  They both get out, Colby is still latched onto the root beer can.  Andrew looks at him uneasily.

ANDREW
Dude just throw it away.

COLBY
(Whispering to the can.)
Nobody can separate us.

Colby looks Andrew in the eyes and quickly dashes for the beach.  He pours the root beer all his body and runs into the ocean.

FADE OUT:

THE END

Tictacbk

72teeth

Change that to Orange Soda and y'all gotch'er self a Kenan and Kel skit...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

killafilm

So it's been done before? That sucks...

modage

i thought it was funny.  i'm not sure how it'll play on film but reading it was pretty unexpected and funny.  have you been watching Stella on Comedy Central?  this seems like it might be up that absurd alley.  you should see some of their shorts for more inspiration.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

72teeth

I think all the shorts have been taken off-line due to most of the material ending up on the show, but if you find those shorts, post a link...

Yowza Yowza Yowza

killafilm

Quote from: modage...have you been watching Stella on Comedy Central?  this seems like it might be up that absurd alley.  you should see some of their shorts for more inspiration.

Yeah, i've been watching it quite a bit.  You can find clips here:

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/stella/videos/season_1/index.jhtml

I'm not sure if any of that is from before they had their show.

meatwad

Quote from: 72teethI think all the shorts have been taken off-line due to most of the material ending up on the show, but if you find those shorts, post a link...

i don't think any of the material from the shorts has ended up in the show. they cursed and used dildos in many of the shorts.

none of that in the show

and the skit, it's not too bad at all. you should check out more stella and upright citizens brigade stuff for inspiration

72teeth

Quote from: meatwad
Quote from: 72teethI think all the shorts have been taken off-line due to most of the material ending up on the show, but if you find those shorts, post a link...

i don't think any of the material from the shorts has ended up in the show. they cursed and used dildos in many of the shorts.

none of that in the show

No, it's just the little things like accidentally shooting the mountin guy twice, ripping of moustaches, "Hey i'm David, *fart", and a whole bunch of other little Stella nuggets...

Yowza Yowza Yowza

modage

throwing the book manuscript in the fire for no reason.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.