Lindsay Lohan

Started by MacGuffin, May 19, 2005, 01:31:05 PM

MacGuffin

Obscure "Diamond" sparkles for Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan is set to bring a long-forgotten Tennessee Williams screenplay, "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond," to the big screen.

The screenplay tells the story of Fisher Willow (Lohan), the disliked 1920s Memphis debutante daughter of a plantation owner with a distaste for narrow-minded people and a penchant for shocking and insulting those around her.

After returning from studies overseas, Fisher falls in love with Jimmy (played by Chris Evans), the down-and-out son of an alcoholic father (David Strathairn) and an insane mother who works at a store on her family's plantation. She tries to pass him off as an upper-class suitor to appease the spinster aunt (Ann-Margret) who controls her family's fortune, but when she loses a diamond, it places their tenuous relationship in further jeopardy. Ellen Burstyn is attached to play Fisher's mother.

According to a source close to the indie film, production is expected to begin next year.

The script was published in the four-part collection "Stopped Rocking and Other Screenplays" in 1984.

In his introduction, Richard Gilman said it was discovered after Williams' death and is believed to have been written in the 1950s. He wrote that "Diamond" was "perhaps the strongest of the four scripts (in the book) and the most likely candidate for filming."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Lohan Rings Like A Bell In The Night
Source: Cinema Blend

Lindsay Lohan is supposed to be pretty good in Bobby, and she wasn't exactly terrible in Robert Altman's last movie A Prairie Home Companion either. Those good performances may be working for her, she's being rumored for more serious roles. The latest project being whispered about in conjunction with her name casts her as Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks.

The story comes Life and Style Magazine where anonymous tipsters are dropping hints. They say Lindsay would produce and star in a movie about a younger version of the raspy-voiced Tusk babe. The biopic covers Stevie's life through the 70s and 80s. "She feels like she's found a dream role in a story about Stevie Nicks at the height of Fleetwood Mac's fame," claims their insider. "Lindsay loves the music of that era, and people have told her she has the same distinctive gravelly voice as Stevie's."

I've always said that Lindsay, unlike a lot of her contemporaries (Hillary Duff) actually has acting potential beyond her ability to look hot. To me, she seems like a genius fit as Stevie Nicks. I don't know if her voice is all that similar, but she does look the part and she can indeed sing. Even better, word is that Lohan wants Jared Leto to play Stevie's sometimes man and fellow Fleetwood Mac singer Lindsay Buckingham. Jared Leto's another one of those pretty faces that can actually act, and again, I can easily see him up there on stage making bedroom eyes at Lohan as Buckingham.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 29, 2006, 04:36:29 PM
Lohan Rings Like A Bell In The Night

lamest headline ever. i mean this.
context, context, context.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

picolas

of course it is. she breathes drugs.

polkablues

It is very, very real.  Terrifyingly so.

There are a few more pictures from the same night here, for verification purposes (and ejaculation control, in a pinch).
My house, my rules, my coffee

Alexandro

Well I've been using drugs for 15 years and look younger than her. so as a drug user I resent that poster. And her.

She was on her way to be big, but forget drugs. those parents can fuck up albert einstein.

Pas

Quote from: Alexandro on December 15, 2009, 07:56:31 AM
Well I've been using drugs for 15 years and look younger than her. so as a drug user I resent that poster. And her.

smoking weed every couple days, some coke lines now and then when money's good, a bit of mush, hell, maybe even some ectasy and meth thrown in for good taste once in a while > smoking crack and crystal meth everyday/multiple times a week and never eating/sleeping (what I reckon her lifestyle looks like...)

Alexandro

yeah i never smoked crack.
then it should say "don't do so much drugs"

squints

she's had too much jenkem.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

hahahaha we forgot the jenkem thread in the top 5 funniest ever

Reinhold

Quote from: modage on December 14, 2009, 11:33:15 AM
NO WAY is that real.

there was some controversy a while ago, i recall. but yeah i think they're implants, too.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Reel

Hmm, I thought Marilyn Monroe already did Playboy