secret radiohead

Started by sickfins, November 03, 2004, 06:26:49 PM

modage

he likes teasing/torturing us.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

Quote from: sickfinsi think they're standard tv length which is inbetween 20-30 minutes.  if you're looking for the gondry version of knives out, it will never appear on a dvd in the future

apparently there was some sort of creative clash on that

will "never"
any more info?
it's probably one of my favorite videos. i have it recorded on vhs.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

bluejaytwist

Quote from: bonanzatazso why does the man do it if nobody is allowed to see it?

im sure lots of people saw it.
people 'inside' his little circle.

perhaps this should be the next subject of correspondence with mr paul.
i will get back to you all.

as far as gondry, sickfins had mentioned to me (and if i am incorrect, im sure he will re-correct me) was that rh and gondry were excited by initial storyboards, but was upset that gondry came to use their video to service his own personal issues that were currently happening in his life. and there was a bit of a dust-up over the whole thing.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

tpfkabi

i remember Gondry talking about making it personal, but i never heard there was a disagreement over it.

i don't see how Radiohead could dislike it. i think it's great.
did they think it oddness prevented the single from being heard from more people?

i think that's highly unlikely.

sickfins

Quote from: bigideasi never heard there was a disagreement over it.

i did

"I generally find a good way of communicating to prevent clash, but I had one terrible experience with Radiohead," he says of his 2001 video for "Knives Out." Gondry, going through a breakup at the time, transferred his despair to a character played by lead singer Thom Yorke, grieving anxiously in a crowded hospital room.

"I showed him a storyboard and every single detail: he was completely excited and happy for it - and then, it turned out, they all criticize me for being selfish and putting my own views on it and my own introspection," says a still peeved Gondry. (Yorke and Radiohead declined to comment for this story.) "And they didn't let me use my video for my DVD!" he adds, his voice rising.

"And I'm really mad at them for having done that to me, that they abuse their power! It did not go smooth, but if it went smooth, it would be mediocre."

Quote from: bigideasi think that's highly unlikely.

sounds like you're highly unlikely

Pozer

them French do get peeved.

tpfkabi

i didn't mean your story was highly unlikely. i meant that they blamed Gondry's video for Knives Out not being a hit. i love the song and the video, but it would blow my mind if a song like that made any kind of radio waves even if it had a video with half naked women.
that's a shame they wouldn't let him use it. it's one of my favorite videos.