What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Don't they all die, or something?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Two Lane Blacktop

I'd forgotten just what a cool movie this was.  I wish I'd gotten to read these books and see these movies as a kid..  what a rush that must be.

Seriously bad DVD cover though.

2LB
Body by Guinness

Two Lane Blacktop

Yeah, it was a weird double-feature to pair up with the Harry Potter flick, but this is what we decided on.  I seriously dig this movie...  it's one of those films that's better than the story it was originally based on.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: themodernage02good virginia madsen too.

This is the only movie I've ever seen her in, but she's absolutely great in it.

2LB
Body by Guinness

modage

you should see this other movie shes in that i hear is pretty good.  it's called "sideways".  :yabbse-wink:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: themodernage02you should see this other movie shes in that i hear is pretty good.  it's called "sideways".  :yabbse-wink:

Oh yeah, that's on the "to do" list.   :yabbse-grin:

2LB
Body by Guinness

cine

what's on the 'to do' list? sideways? or virginia madsen??

Two Lane Blacktop

Quote from: Cinephilewhat's on the 'to do' list? sideways? or virginia madsen??

Goodnight, Gracie.

2LB
Body by Guinness

samsong

Two Lane Blacktop

I'm getting ready to go on another Larry Cohen binge, so I was kinda skipping around on this disc tonight after dinner.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Myxo

Quote from: 03

The award winning thriller that shocked America!

modage

first: then:

watched my first two Marx Bros. movies tonite.  the jokes came very fast, which was good. though the mixing of the 'regular people' characters with these guys seems a little odd, like you're stepping into a different movie when they arent in a scene. but, some good stuff.