What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

meatwad

Quote from: overmeunderyou on July 18, 2007, 08:05:23 PM
amos poe's unmade beds

i just watched the foreigner, the other film he did around the same time. what did you think of unmade beds?

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: meatwad on July 19, 2007, 01:47:17 AM
Quote from: overmeunderyou on July 18, 2007, 08:05:23 PM
amos poe's unmade beds

i just watched the foreigner, the other film he did around the same time. what did you think of unmade beds?

So far, I loved the introduction. Only criticism would be that it ran just a tad longer than needed to, but still, it was great.

Some scenes are doing more for me than others, I still have not finished it. On the 37th minute mark.

Pwaybloe

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

modage

just looking at the cover reminds me why i never watched it in the first place: i was extremely turned off by the perceived nerd-factor here.  i have never seen the original show, a Star Trek ANYTHING and figured all made for Sci-Fi channel stuff was total crap, but once i got over my prejudice i discovered that against all odds, this show is awesome.  my recommendation to everyone is: watch this. 

i'm on the last ep of season 1 right now.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Haha that's funny. I have the same mind-set.

The dvd store I work at has this set:

For like $50 (CDN) oh wait, that doesn't matter anymore, but anyways, every time I see these kinds of shows I think exactly that...

Quote...and figured all made for Sci-Fi channel stuff was total crap

squints

I've watched this a couple of times now. What a great freakin' flick.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

^ hahaha. oh god, i dread the next dekapenticon.

NP:

under the paving stones.

Surprisingly half decent. Richard Linklater appears in this very briefly telling one of his crazy stories in a party scene (which was a treat to see).

MacGuffin

Not a bad little film of two people connecting. It's worth watching mainly for Paz Vega's performance and how loose the filmmaking was, letting the actors play out scenes in long takes. There's an beautiful scene where Paz teaches Morgan a Spanish song while she's driving that is just so poetic. The DVD comes with a doc (that runs longer than the film) about how Brad Silberling wanted to, and did, accomplish shooting the film in 15 days.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

maybe they should have called it 10 People Or Less.  to describe how many people will watch it.  am i right?  am i right?  alright.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Mesh

Zodiac

Later tonight:  The Incredible Shrinking Man

Pwaybloe

So far, it's Bergman at his best.  Great little film, and easily the best of the "trilogy".