Similar cover art..

Started by Myxo, January 30, 2004, 02:12:37 PM

Myxo

I noticed something. I'm sure there are more covers like this. These look an aweful lot alike.

Is it just me, or do these look alike? I'm pretty sure the National Lampoon cover is a spoof on a Conan the Barbarian poster.

There are more posters and DVD covers that have this effect to them. I can't remember any off the top of my head.

Here is another National Lampoon movie that has the same effect.

So, you people who know your DVD artwork, post similar covers. I'm curious to see if I am right. I'm sure there is more to this..

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

didn't we do this at another thread?

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaididn't we do this at another thread?

Kinda-sorta:
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=630
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Of course those posters are all spoofs/homages to:
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.